Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading through the exhaust mod threads for weeks, trying to decide if I was willing to try modding my stock exhaust. Finally decided "What the heck" and gave it a go.

I drilled 4 x 3/8" holes in each plate, and punched the baffles with a metal grounding rod. Took about 15 minutes and so far I like the sound! I'm really happy I tried this first before dropping the $$$ on some new pipes.

Sound clip:

-CG

·
Registered
198 Posts
Glad you like the mod. Pretty expensive to add aftermarket exhaust. Lots here have and ended up going back to oem. Enjoy!

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
I can't trust anyone who has a garage that clean.
Sorry. ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah that's like, psychopath clean...

Nice work on saving money and getting the sound you want.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I admit, I'm pretty obsessive about keeping the garage clean. Everything needs to be in its place. We use the garage as our main entry and exit from the house, so I like to keep the floor clear so my dogs can barrel in and out of the house without running into anything.

-CG

·
Registered
20,582 Posts
There's even seating for people waiting to get in the house or for admirers of a sparkling garage.

:grin2::grin2::grin2:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nice job!!! mine was done by previous owner....what about changing the air fuel mixture with a commander or something like that? Is it necessary after this mod? Because my is not

·
Registered
198 Posts
Nice job!!! mine was done by previous owner....what about changing the air fuel mixture with a commander or something like that? Is it necessary after this mod? Because my is not
Not necessary.....even if you put new aftermarket exhaust. Unless you change amount of air entering bike...high flow air cleaner. Enjoy what you have.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts