Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

`` Homemade`` customizing

2K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  Saltymermaidinkansas 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Sunday I was reinstalling the battery for the first ride of the season so I took the seat and passenger seat off my 2012 C50 Boulevard.

Then I reinstalled the driver seat and I took a look. The C50`s rear fender was entirely visible without the passenger seat and it looked pretty cool. Gave a bit of a more agressive, streamlined look to her.

Anyone ever notice that? the rear seat hook is visible and breaks the contour but it still looks nice.

#2 ·
Hey guys,

Sunday I was reinstalling the battery for the first ride of the season so I took the seat and passenger seat off my 2012 C50 Boulevard.

Then I reinstalled the driver seat and I took a look. The C50`s rear fender was entirely visible without the passenger seat and it looked pretty cool. Gave a bit of a more agressive, streamlined look to her.

Anyone ever notice that? the rear seat hook is visible and breaks the contour but it still looks nice.
yup I did!!
<
<
<
<

:wayhappy:

#3 ·
I've had the rear seat off for while. Love the look.

I like that you have the ability to switch back and forth ............run a summer with the passenger seat on, then run a summer without it ............seems like a brand new bike again! LOL

#11 · (Edited)
also rode with the rear seat off ..loved the look of my 04 vol with the one seat...anyhow did find I needed to do something to cover/mod that "bolt" on the rear fender...for me I went with a simple dress piece from X-cessories that is no longer in business...shame it gave the area a nice touch.

#18 ·
also rode with the rear seat off ..loved the look of my 04 vol with the one seat...anyhow did find I needed to do something to cover/mod that "bolt" on the rear fender...for me I went with a simple dress piece from X-cessories that is no longer in business...shame it gave the area a nice touch.

Can you still get some of those x-cessories type of bolts online somewhere?

Thanks

#12 ·
That rear bib looks really nice.
I love the idea... and it's less permanent than paint!
It would look sick if it were slightly wind-blown or "distressed", IMO.

#19 ·
yes it was...got it two years after getting the bike...safety thing for me...paid quite a bit for it...somewhere around $100...too much really... but did what it was suppose to do...illuminate like the sun... but over the years the wires would fray and I was forever having to repair...needless to say when I got the c90 left well enough alone.

#17 ·
would love to see a pic of that...after securing a kayak paddle to my bike to bring to my daughter i realized something that long is possible to safely secure and ride. Plan on taking a few clubs to the local course and work on my short game and putting.

#16 ·
Yep one of the first things I did; however, my rear seat hook unbolted so I didn't have to worry about it anymore.

But it totally changed the look of the bike; I only put it back on when the wife wants to ride, and that's only a 5min task at the most.

This is one reason I've considered getting on of those 'butty buddy' seats, but still a little leery of those.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#20 ·
purchased a butty buddy for my wife from a member here last year when my wife started riding with me and after the initial newness of riding had worn off started feeling discomfort on rides...knew she had been complaining about hip issues so figured the contour of the seat might help which it has. For us it was worth the investment. true test was when we rode to a lunch meet last november from vermont to ny...2 1/2 hours...no complaints.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.