Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cheap ways have struck again. Blackopbobbers makes an awesome c50 seat mount. However I can't afford it. Even tho it's $135. So I went to Lowe's and bought a $20 piece of sheet metal. Cut it amd bent out to the frame. Well I hammered it. It looks terrible I know but it works for me. Don't judge me. The bike is still safe and rides fine. Just looks really ugly. I will be saving up to buy the Blackopbobbers seat mount later. My friends all call me Jesse James just to mess with me. Not cool but funny at the same time.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,060 Posts
Got your PM.

Thought it was cheap to do till the time came for the seat you want.

Page 5 post 42 as well.

·
Registered
581 Posts
They say you've got to break some eggs to make an omelette - you've certainly done that. Let it be as ugly as it needs to me to achieve the shape you need, cosmetics come after function. Speaking of cosmetics, I love the way these bikes take to bobbing - add some apes and it's a killer look. Sweet ride.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got 2.5 inch risers from Amazon.com. the seller was astra dept. They are cheap and no name but they work amd they were only $30. My 16" apes were a craigslist deal. I gave him $40. I was on my way too California to go to sea world with my family amd he was literally on the way like 4 hours into the trip lol. It worked out perfect. Now as far as the brand I think they are chrome works. Check out my forums on here I quote amd you can see progress from my bike.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
581 Posts
Don't rush it, it'll come to you.
I've been trying to think of a name for my bike since I got it 8 months ago. Everything I could think of was too wimpy (like "Joy") or too strong (like "Killer") or too literal (like "Blue") or too abstract (like "SoMad" or "NotMad" instead of Nomad)...I honestly entertained all those prospects along with "Deep Blue", "Blue Sky", "Truck" and "Wind Whistle" I hate to admit.

But I finally figured it out a few days ago, using no conscious thought at all. One of my favorite ZZ Top songs came on the radio "Waiting on the Bus", with it's iconic heavy guitar riff and Billy Gibbons' gravelly voice in the opening line pleading "Have MERCY! - been waitying on the bus all day". And that was IT - perfect name for my big fat, graceful, powerful, beautiful, honker of a bike. After this winter's grooming and mods she'll be christened in the spring as "Mercy". So that's mine - yours will come to you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts