Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just need to smooth the edges and even it out. Then get some cushion material amd leather. Cherry max it and I've got a bobber seat pan. 16 gage steel from Lowe's. $15 instead of $150 plus. Then for the two springs. Boom. Just a little smaller than the stock saddle lol.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will do. Hopefully I get my materials tomorrow after work and finish her up. I need some springs tho and a la rosa front bracket. Unless I see a picture and make it myself. Hmmmmm.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That would be sweet if I didn't cut my rear fender lol. Nothing is holding you back from attaining your goals. No one but yourself. You should do it man. It would look real legit

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Looks like a good project. The challenge I found was in coming up with a bracket to mount the springs to the bike, never really felt like I got exactly the way I wanted to.

btw don't forget to get that ground head set back to the tool crib. :wayhappy:

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Lol those were issued back in the day. Haha

Lol, yeah they always used to be part of aircraft equipment, intake covers and such all in a B4 bag. Before I retired everything that wasn't "on the jet" had to be returned to a tool crib. It got to be quite silly.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Progress!!!!!!!!! Mounted the seat on the bike, temporary of course. Still gotta upholster it. Still gotta make that front mount for it and I have an idea but I don't know if it will work. And this new app update is making me crazy I don't know how to post pictures. Dammit....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi,
If you want I can make something for you. You can send me a picture of what you want and I can stamp the picture on the leather for your seat. I have the leather and the tools and I can make almost anything. You can see some of my work here in the forum. For more information send me a PM.
Thanx
Peter
The last one for my seat:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Some outside pics. Homemade for sure. If I ever get 2k. I will make it look like the last picture. But bobbing it was a cheap way to make it look like I wanted it to for now. Anyone want to give me $2k? Lol.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts