Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read innumerable references to the homeboy seat mod, but despite many searches, I can't find directions/pics of how to do it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks, Will

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
remove seat...turn over. you will see a VERY large portion of plastic that sticks up into the foam. This is where the seat bracket attaches to the seat. The mod is too cut out that hump and making a new bracket that attaches to the uncut sides. When you see the hump you can see why it is uncomfortable! I didn't make a new bracket and my seat DOESN'T move. If I am in a situation where not having my seat bolted on is an issue, then I've probably got larger problems! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
532 Posts
I Did the mod and I have NO Fabricating skills or tools - so with a dremel tool I just cut a few relatively flat peices of plastic from the removed section - I placed them across the opening and sandwiched the mounting bracket inbetween the two - I then drilled two holes in each side and mounted them to the existing seatpan with some heavy duty wire ties...

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Boxwrench said:
http://meancitycycles.com/

they will redo your stock seat.

I have read as many negative reviews of their work as positive ones. Have you any experience with their work? Should I be concerned that I am not there to sit on it given that it is a 'custom' mod?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Good thread. This is the first I had heard of said mod. I'm learning something new everyday thanks to this site.

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
willierides said:
Boxwrench said:

I have read as many negative reviews of their work as positive ones. Have you any experience with their work? Should I be concerned that I am not there to sit on it given that it is a 'custom' mod?
Nope, bought a mustang and put a 'gator in it.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
You can do the homeboy without having to cover the cut-out with anything, except maybe a piece of garbage bag plastic. I did mine like that after seeing how shooterex did his. Been good since 2004 like that and besides who here would dispute shooterex's mods?

If you send it out to say, meancitycyles it is no longer a homeboy...........it would have to categorized as Uptown.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Mort said:
You can do the homeboy without having to cover the cut-out with anything, except maybe a piece of garbage bag plastic. I did mine like that after seeing how shooterex did his. Been good since 2004 like that and besides who here would dispute shooterex's mods?

If you send it out to say, meancitycyles it is no longer a homeboy...........it would have to categorized as Uptown.
Where the heck did it get the name "homeboy" mod!!?? HAHAHAHA

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
the handle of the VR member that made it originally was................wait for it........................................................................Homeboy!

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Boy, I'm happy if someone else did the first mod, say Basshole, we would be doing the Basshole cut?.....not good

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Mort said:
Boy, I'm happy if someone else did the first mod, say Basshole, we would be doing the Basshole cut?.....not good
:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

cut your bike a new basshole!!!

:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
It was actually called the "Homeboy Butt Cut" I didn't remove the bracket. I just cut out the hump with a dremmel tool and pocket knife.
I can not find pics any more. That seat is in storage.

Ride Safe,
Rex

·
Registered
436 Posts
Did the "homeboy" mod to my stock seat. Used a dremel tool and cut out the hump but I have a question. What is the reason some of you put plastic garbage or wally-world bags over the opening? Is this really nesseccary? Thanks for the imput

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
Mort said:
Boxwrench said:

Box, will they take the lump? OR do they just re-foam and leave the lump?
Dunno......never used them. found out about them after I went mustang and then a gator ate it... :lol: 8)
( local upholsterer)
I suppose if you mentionrd / call them up on it they can do something about it.

·
Premium Member
28,465 Posts
blinky260 said:
Did the "homeboy" mod to my stock seat. Used a dremel tool and cut out the hump but I have a question. What is the reason some of you put plastic garbage or wally-world bags over the opening? Is this really nesseccary? Thanks for the imput
Just to protect the foam from collecting mositure is all.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts