Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are the details and pics of the stand I made. (per requests in a previous thread) This was a prototype and keep in mind that I don't have a welder so this was made with 2 inch 16 gauge formed steel angle and carriage bolts and I place foam rubber on the top to avoid scratching the bike frame. Minimum tools required are a drill , hack saw and wrenches.

The overall width is 19 inches, depth is 20 inches and the height is 13.5 inches ( 3/4 inch less than the max height of my bike lift). In hind sight I would make the width at least 22 inches eliminating the need to support a tire when removing a wheel.

When I lower the bike on the stand I can easily roll the lift out of the way which gives me easier access to the bottom of the bike and also gives me more garage space for winter storage.

·
Premium Member
6,696 Posts
Nice! (I never used the Canadian Tire lift I bought, so I sold it last spring! Now I know I could have used it to it's full potential.)

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I've got a roller stand. I got it at Harbor Freight. I don't think they sell them anymore. It's nice to be able to move the bike on a stable stand. My bike spends the winter on the stand at a buddy's garage. If we want to work on bikes we can move them out and tuck them away easily when done.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Nice job.
I will have to try to make one for myself.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
very good job. It looks really secure.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got a peps-x when I got the bike. Extremely stable. Makes working on the bike much easier.

PepsX
I was originally looking at the PepsX but the shipping etc to Canada was a deal breaker for me. I think it ran around $200 at the time.

This was the inspiration for my build. I had the hardware and metal kicking around for free and figured what the heck. :moneyeyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts