Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently debaffled, hearing about getting a more mellow sound when killing mickey. Realy dont want to beat the little guy to death, has anyone just drilled holes and how does it sound? Great help here, Id be lost without you guys. Doug

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
skynyrd fan said:
Recently debaffled, hearing about getting a more mellow sound when killing mickey. Really don't want to beat the little guy to death, has anyone just drilled holes and how does it sound? Great help here, Id be lost without you guys. Doug
If you take the mickey plate out your pipes are going to quiet down a bit. If you want to keep them somewhat loud, just drill some holes in the mickey plate.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I used a 2 1/2 in hole saw with a 12in extention on it .
Then drilled out mickey the same as I did the first baffle.

It worked great, took about 5 mins

sandcast69

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I drilled holes in mickey first but then went ahead and took it out, sounds great.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Dave3603 said:
I drilled holes in mickey first but then went ahead and took it out, sounds great.
If you want more sound, drill a hole in the last baffle plate or widen the hole coming out of it.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I drilled holes in Micky, didn't like the sound so much, so I went ahead and banged on it all afternoon. I love the current sound, with Micky gone, it eliminates a lot of the popping.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Drilled a few holes in Mickey, love the sound ,just right. Love the looks I get. Thanks to all for the help here. Great site. Long fly Free Bird!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts