Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered Gloss black for myself $188, the wife picked the Anthracite,(pearly gray) add $10.
Ordered from Revzilla, along with chin curtains, add $15.00 for two.

Delivery was free, and lightning fast, but was from Vegas only 150 miles away, so it was rather expected.

Using their size chart, the sizing was spot on. A very nice fit.
I'd give it a comfort factor of around 8 out of 10.

This is a modular helmet. The opening and closing mechanisms feel solid.
As with most helmets that include a separate interior sunshade, they aren't as dark as one would like, but this is probably a lawsuit deflection.
The shades lower and retract quite easily, with the retraction quick and spring loaded.
It is also set up for pin lock shield, sold separately. I think $35.

The air inlets are about average, nothing that can't be corrected by lifting the clear visor a crack.
The added snap on the end of the chin strap is a nice feature that keeps the excess from slapping your neck and chin.

The Sena SMH 10 attaches easily, and the shell has pockets for speakers. Lots of room for wire routing as well.
The liner is of course detachable.

The helmet used in conjunction with the chin curtain is pleasantly quiet, but not silent by any means.

The improved double D rings are easy to use.

I made my first trip of 200 miles with this helmet, and thus far, am happy with it.
I'll report back after a number of trips have been made.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,279 Posts
I've been thinking about getting one of those............thanks for the review.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
I purchased the same helmet (Silver) about two months ago and generally agree with the write up. I'm pleased with the purchase so far with a few exceptions.

Some observations from my experience....

• Lightweight design
  • Two position sun visor keeps it off my nose
  • Metal pins for modular lock - not plastic
  • Airflow is marginal - had better
  • Why do I have to pay extra for a chin curtain??
  • Took an XL in this helmet - was a L in my last
  • Cheek pads are very prominent until broken in
  • Easy to open with gloves on
  • Face shield seals nicely (I ride with it open most of the time with the sun shade down)
  • As mentioned - not the quietest helmet
Overall, would recommend this model as a good helmet at the value/price point. Be sure to go to a dealer and try it on first and wear it for a while. The biggest issue I have is that I think I have an oval head and this is a roundish/oval shell. I noticed that after riding with it all Saturday, I had a definite dent in my forehead and it was getting a bit uncomfortable at the end.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
We have 2 of these models. His and hers... Mine is a 2nd one. Been happy with the helmet.

RV

·
Registered
19,332 Posts
HJC makes a fine product. There are professional racers who pull retail helmets out of the box before each event. Very good bang for the buck.

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it's been just about 2 months, and I've used it for well over 2000 miles.
I'm still quite pleased with it.
I recently did a 1700 mi trip, and have no complaints whatsoever the the helmet.

My only problem is the Sena I transferred over from my 3/4 helmet. I have the one with the boom mic.
When closing the helmet, the mic needs to be adjusted each time, and can get easily lost in the works when using the chin curtain.

Would buy again.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Well it's been just about 2 months, and I've used it for well over 2000 miles.
I'm still quite pleased with it.
I recently did a 1700 mi trip, and have no complaints whatsoever the the helmet.

My only problem is the Sena I transferred over from my 3/4 helmet. I have the one with the boom mic.
When closing the helmet, the mic needs to be adjusted each time, and can get easily lost in the works when using the chin curtain.

Would buy again.
We also have the boom mic with both our headsets. We encounter the same issue with the boom mic and the chin guard/shield/flap. It interferes with the lowering of the modular section. I use a Shoei Neotec so it not isolated to just the HJC. Have to keep the mic close to the lips while holding the chin guard back with the thumb while closing to help avoid this problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts