Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Bike: 2007 Suzuki Boulevard c50. 4500 miles

(Yes thats it, I just got it from a guy who purchased it new, got scared on it, parked it and never drove it again.)

I noticed the high beam indicator was coming on intermittently and the high beams would in fact come on as well. The HB switch was in the Low Beam position. I then noticed that the high beams coming on happened every time I pulled in my clutch lever.

Any suggestions as to how to fix this or what the problem is?

Thanks!
John

·
Registered
20,164 Posts
It could be your wires are crossing behind the switch which is right next to your clutch mount. Make sure both mounts are good and tight.
The other may be that the switch itself may be going bad still it would have to get vibration from the clutch mount.
I'm no mechanic but that is where I would start looking..just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
20,164 Posts
Try looking at the wires under your clutch handle. One coming from the clutch handle and 2 coming from the switch box (lights, horn, etc.)
Could you be accidentally be hitting the flash button when you use the clutch? It's on the opposite side of the light switch

·
Registered
624 Posts
The clutch and mirror mount for that side can be rotated based on user preference, mine are set such that I barely hit my Flash To Pass button. So my guess is the previous owner adjusted the angle and now you hit that switch. You can loosen that bolt and adjust the angle down so it doesn't hit.

Same answer as above, but just thought I'd add why and how to fix it.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I had that same problem with a yamaha 550, ended up being the cluth cable itself where its routed right behide the headlight bucket where the headlight wires go into the bucket the clutch cable had worn though to bare wires and when i would use the clutch the cable would move just enough to push the wires together and make my high beam flash for a second

1 - 8 of 8 Posts