Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I signed up a couple days ago. Just now coming around to making first post.

Last year, the wife encouraged me to go ahead and get anything I wanted to get, as a reward for me letting both her mother and father live with us while they had health issues. The father-in-law lived with us for a couple of years, but he passed away from a fall in our home about 3 years ago. The mother-in-law is still living, but has become too much for us to safely tend to, so she is in an Alzheimers "memory assist" unit.

So, with the wife's encouragement, I started looking around for something to buy. Well, I should clarify, the wife said I could get anything I wanted, as long as it didn't have two legs. So I opted for two wheels.

I now ride a 2007 C50T. I did take the MSF course. I am 50 years old.

Been riding rather timidly and meekly for about 1 year now. Had a few days this spring were things really felt -right-. I don't really mind riding to work in the cold, but I hate riding in the rain. I live in the Omaha, NEB area. So far, typically ride to work and also a few leisurely short trips of about 50 miles each way. Made one long-ish trip of 400 miles rnd trip (so far) but that trip had us fighting really stiff crosswinds on the way up and rain all the way back.

I guess that's about it.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
welcome, You'll enjoy the two wheels longer than the two legs anyway..

You'll fit in here nicely.

Doug

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Welcome from Phoenix, AZ!

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Old? You're not old. Old is for people who don't ride motorcycles. And you're a lot younger than a lot of us kids here.

Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
From one old man to another, welcome to the membership. I'm 56, live in Mesa, Arizona (a burb of Phoenix) and ride an '03 Volusia. That's what they called them before they were called the C50.
I'm a short hauler myself, anything past 250 miles just wears me out. Have most of my riding fun commuting or making short day trips out of town, 100 miles or less. Been feeling a lot younger ever since I got the bike, though!

Lot of interesting stuff going on here. The help forum will get just about any motorcycle related question you have answered. General Discussion is a good place to just shoot the bull for while. If you looking to pick up some accessories, keep an eye on the swap meet....some good deals there.

So lets hear from you! Welcome to VR.com

BTW ....These guys don't care if your 20 or 120. All that matters is that you ride. If you can still swing your leg over the saddle, your not old! :wink:
Windburn

·
Premium Member
5,664 Posts
:D Welcome from Western Massachusetts! You will find that the people in this site are the best, and it will soon become your best resource for bike advice and new friendships!

·
Administrator
56,039 Posts
Welcome from SW Florida!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Welcome from North East Florida. Sorry to hear about the in-laws. I've gone through similar experiences with my parents. Glad you found an outlet to relax. Sounds like you found a real sweetie for a bride. I know riding a C50 has made a big difference for me. Smart thing for you to take the MSF course. Enjoy the ride.

Cheers!

·
Registered
99,999 Posts
WELCOME from Texas.

Pete

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
Welcome to the VR Family From central florida. Hey you youmg, I am 2 years older and this is my 1st motorcycle

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Welcome from Western Washington State. Old is a state of mind and a few stiff muscles once in a while. Enjoy your ride and practice safe riding habits. That isnot thinking old, that's thinking smart.

·
Premium Member
11,856 Posts
welcome from cambridge, ontario! :) just take your time, and you'll get that feeling of everything coming together a lot more often! :D

cheers!

-mistress k

1 - 20 of 43 Posts