Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Well, it looks like I'll be joining the ranks of Suzuki Boulevard owners here shortly if things go as I hope them to.

I just sold my 2000 VFR 800 to get into a cruiser. After a knee injury I find it hard to ride for longer than 30 minutes or so with my right leg hiked up. I want something more relaxed. I miss the VFR already, especially the sounds of the V4 but I'm ready to move on, she went to a good home.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Automotive exterior

I fell in love with the styling of the M50 right away. After a bit of searching I found a 2007 M50 Limited, charcoal with ghost flames (or tribal?) graphics. Looks very nice and has quite a few extras, Mustang seat, bags, windscreen and engine guard (not sure if I like that).

Here's a couple cell phone pics he took for me yesterday.
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Cruiser Car

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Car Cruiser

Can't wait to see it and give it a ride. Wish me luck!

·
Super Moderator
34,435 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

Both bikes are beautiful. Just bear in mind that an 800cc cruiser is no where near the power of an 800cc sport bike. It'll take you where you want to go, but no way are you popping wheelies on an M50. I'm not trying to talk you out of it, just trying to set your expectations appropriately. Good luck with the purchase.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
Welcome aboard

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcomes!

Living here in Nova Scotia and I still haven't even done the Cabot Trail. It's been on my list but life gets in the way...

Next month I'm transfered back to Ontario too so I might never get a chance. Military life...

As for power, I'm not concerend with going fast anymore nor pulling wheelies etc. I went from a ZX6R a few years back becuase I never used it for what it was clearly meant for to the VFR and now and taking it a step further. Ready for taking it easy and enjoying it all.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Welcome from Ontario.
Heading to Cape St.Marys this weekend for family reunion.
I'll look for you when I get back to Ontario.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.