Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I tried to find my old post but no joy.

So I have a beautiful red and black 2006 c50, I spent 12 months lusting after her, another 12 months paying her off and 4 months waiting til my licence conditions allowed me to ride it, I rode her for 3 weeks and was then greeted with the dreaded 'banging'... 60000kms on her and she needed a rebuild..

7 months and $4000 later she's back on the road!
I'm still an inexperienced rider, but I love my bike, and I'm hoping to get many more years out of her now!!
What I now know is that the c50 engine is 'soft' and doesn't like being run hot, which she was.. lots of hot highway kms 2 up over a long hot summer didn't help :( but.. now I'm the sole rider (instead of the pillion) and I'll treat her right!!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Do you mean this one?
http://www.volusiariders.com/56-new-member-introductions/312330-hi-australias-capital.html

What you've experienced is not common for this bike - burning up an engine that fast takes some effort. I see that you have aftermarket pipes and a high flow air intake - do you also have a fuel processor to add more fuel to the mix? If not, you are runnng too lean and will burn this one up too. The C50 is liquid cooled, properly maintained it should take the heat no problem.

·
Registered
324 Posts
+2 on what Smitty said about the fuel processor.
I have the exact pipes and air intake as you, but I also have the Cobra FI2000 PowerPro, and just turned 41K on it.
Compression is still within spec and it uses MAYBE a 3rd of a qt of oil every 4K miles.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Welcome back....sorry about your problems...but you on the right track now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.