Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At least I think it was you that said about running the chrome strip on the radiator cover. I was bored, so I figured I might as well try it. I think it looks pretty good. Adds a little sumthin' sumthin' to the front. Not much, but enough to notice.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
If he got the chrome radiator cover then he would need the chrome stebel.

Ride Safe,
Rex

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Hey that's a nice touch. A little added bling. What did you use for the chrome strip?

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Windburn Bill said:
Hey that's a nice touch. A little added bling. What did you use for the chrome strip?
Just the plain ol' roll of chrome car door stripping that they sell at AutoZone. I had some left over after doing the metal lip on my gas tank.

·
Premium Member
14,449 Posts
Windburn Bill said:
^^^^ What he said it's the same stuff you can put on the tank and fenders like this

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
v0lusia said:
Windburn Bill said:
^^^^ What he said it's the same stuff you can put on the tank and fenders like this
that is almost the hottest and sexiest bike I have ever seen........................................ note I said almost.... xoxoxo

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Air4ceOne said:
At least I think it was you that said about running the chrome strip on the radiator cover. I was bored, so I figured I might as well try it. I think it looks pretty good. Adds a little sumthin' sumthin' to the front. Not much, but enough to notice.

[/img]

Interesting mount for the Stebel - I like it! Where did you get that bracket?

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rushbass said:
Interesting mount for the Stebel - I like it! Where did you get that bracket?
It's home made. It's 1/8" aluminum. I knew a guy with some scrap pieces. Luckily he had the machine to bend it too. He just randomly bent the piece to show me how it worked. His random bend was perfect for what I needed. Then I drew the lines where it needed to be cut so that it looked custom and cut it out with my jigsaw. Drilled the holes and then sanded all the edges so that they were smooth and then painted it. For the bolt, I had an extra one from the saddlebags, so I cut it down to size and used it. To mount it to the bike I just added it on to the bolt for my Cobra bars. I'm quite happy how it turned out.

·
Registered
13,217 Posts
you haven't had any problems with it being so close to the exhaust pipe?

Looks good tho... i'll skip the radiator cover mod tho... would have to go out & buy more trim... :lol:

I got it on my fenders, tank & speedo housing ... 8)

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Redzdvl said:
It's been on for a year now, and I haven't had any issues. I guess the air flow keeps it from getting hot. It barely gets warm. There's at least 1/4" between them.

·
Registered
13,217 Posts
Air4ceOne said:
Redzdvl said:
It's been on for a year now, and I haven't had any issues. I guess the air flow keeps it from getting hot. It barely gets warm. There's at least 1/4" between them.
Cool ... good to know ~ been thinking about getting a second one for that side & it will probably be close. 8)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts