Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[I wrote this on my Account page page in the About You section but I think it makes more sense here]

My first bike was a yellow 50cc Honda dirt bike (looked like the Honda Monkey only much smaller). I forget how old I was but I'm guessing it was mid 1970's, 75, 76, 77, something like that, maybe even younger. I remember it was a perfect fit though. My big sisters got (I think they were called) Honda Trail 70.

Then I got a Honda XL 75, I have no idea why my Dad got a street legal dirt bike for his 9 or ten year old little kid but he's an impulsive kinda guy. Then Torsion Dystonia surfaced in me. But then around about 12 I got a Honda XR 80. Loved that bike, so much better than that XL 75 (which I also enjoyed). But the Dystonia was progressing and twisted my left leg up so that shifting was getting difficult.

Then I got a Honda ATC 200 with a suicide shifter. Most dangerous thing ever, fun though. I wound up busting my collar bone on it when I was 15'ish. A few months after that I had my second brain surgery which had some complications.

Right after I got out of rehab I hopped on my brother in law's Honda XR 250 back when they were all steel and had dual shock suspension (I'm jealous of those of you that have ridden mono shock bikes).

And that was the end of riding for me till in 2006 I got a motorcycle endorsement for my license.

[Ps. I've made a post in Swap Meet section looking for stock pipes. Also I just got my C50 and I haven't even seen it yet! But I will April 17th.]

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Welcome from Florida :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not quite from Oklahoma but with luck I will be in a few more months.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts