Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unless I raise the throttle off idle quite a bit, the engine appears to hesitate or stumble. The motorcycle is a 2017 fuel injected C50T with about 3000 miles. The previous owner said he had the motorcycle serviced by a mechanic at about 1000 miles. I know the oil filter was changed since there is a K&N filter installed. I don't know if the valves were adjusted - I doubt it. Your thoughts? Take it to the dealer for the first maintenance service?

·
Registered
19,691 Posts
You can't run a K&N on the bike without a fuel processor. The ECU cannot adjust for the change in air volume. Either replace it with a stock filter, or pony up for a fuel processor. There's no free lunch.

·
Registered
710 Posts
You can't run a K&N on the bike without a fuel processor. The ECU cannot adjust for the change in air volume. Either replace it with a stock filter, or pony up for a fuel processor. There's no free lunch.
I believe was referring to the oil filter.

·
Registered
19,691 Posts
I read K&N and assumed air filter.

Check the air filter for critters. Mice especially like to make nests in the air box

·
Registered
19,691 Posts
Otherwise, your assessment that incorrect valve lash can cause running issues is sound.

·
Registered
19,691 Posts
There is an idle speed screw on the left side of the bike. Look up under the tank between the two cylinders. You will see a large screw with ridges to grab it with your fingers, or a slot to put a screwdriver on it. This is the idle stop screw. Twist it in to raise the idle, twist it out to lower the idle. Idle speed should be around 1100 rpm. Many people try to achieve the Harley lope at idle and turn it way too far down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts