Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month ago I went out to try and fire up the bike and it turned over, idled for about a minute or two on full choke and then died. I tried to get it started again after that but couldn't. I thought maybe it was due to it being so bitter cold. So this weekend being as it was in the 50s I went out to try it again and the same thing; full choke and it idled for about a minute or two and died. This time I tried to start it again giving it some gas and I got it to start but if I let off the gas at all it sounded like it was going to die again. If I stayed on the gas some it would stay running. However, while I was doing this I noticed a wet spot forming under the bike, I let off the gas and it died. I checked the puddle and it was gas. I traced it back to it coming out of the breather tube that comes off the carburetor.

This past fall I had the carb all apart and cleaned and jetted it. I rode it until it got too cold and it was fine. What happened? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

2001 VL800

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Mine was doing that with a dirty pilot jet, I didn't have the leak.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
how long sitting? Ethanol gas?? Jack would not effect unless at some extreme angle. With gas dripping I'll go with the stuck float.

·
Registered
146 Posts
A stuck float would cause that carb to flood ,causing that cylinder to run rich,to the point of not running,,,,

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
how long sitting? Ethanol gas?? Jack would not effect unless at some extreme angle. With gas dripping i'll go with the stuck float.

ditto !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts