Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some but I'm concerned there might be some issues with spacing. I'm also thinking about adding some ez brackets so my saddle bags are removable but yet again I'm concerned about spacing.

For the ez brackets there's a certain kit for use with the sissy bar but since im wanting a removable sissy bar my concern is this..

Say the bags and sissy bar are all on.. So all the mounting hardware is snug and flush but when I take the sissy bar off would there be a gap on the bolts for the saddle bag brackets where the sissy bar brackets were previously?? Someone please help lol I'm really needing a sissy bar for luggage but I'm really wanting something I can take off easy.

Sorry if I'm over thinking this I've never had a sissy bar or installed one

·
Registered
686 Posts
If you turn the holes into slots in the sissy bar brackets, they come off quickly just by loosening the bolts. I cut mine using a 7" circular saw with metal cutting blade.

·
Registered
19,518 Posts
Just buy the national cycle paladin sissy bar (removable) and a set of cruiseliner saddlebags (also removable). Sell your non-removable stuff to offset the cost. Because once you start cutting, you own it....

·
Registered
238 Posts
You could do what Skrap mentioned (which would be the easiest method) or if your feeling like doing a little fabrication/modding you can make your own detachable sissy bar and keep hard saddlebags as I did. Here's some pics (sorry they aren't the best); I ended up using tsukayu saddlebag brackets that left enough room for separate posts for a detachable sissy bar after I mounted the HD hard bags.
ImageUploadedByMO Free1393012081.670713.jpg
ImageUploadedByMO Free1393012096.208575.jpg

If ur curious as how to make ur own removable sissybar there are plenty of threads on a write up, here was mine http://www.volusiariders.com/showthread.php?t=241401

All the ideas provided by the members on here work, just depends on how much time and work you wanna put into it, or the tools at ur disposal.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts