Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to update my profile but when I hit submit none of the info or avatars come up. Have tried 5 times with the same result. Aye Carumba!
Also I can't figure how to set clock Im in central time zone
Ice :oops:

·
Banned
12,353 Posts
Icemanchp3 said:
I am trying to update my profile but when I hit submit none of the info or avatars come up. Have tried 5 times with the same result. Aye Carumba!
Also I can't figure how to set clock Im in central time zone
Ice :oops:
you're on your edit profile page? at the bottom, next to last item before the 'avatar control panel' is the line to set your time zone. if you're central, then for now (daylight time) you want -5 gmt.

for the avatar, make sure it's not bigger than 80x80 pixels or 23kb size. it should work. if not, look for an error msg and get back to us.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
5 is not correct I still cant enter my info????????????????

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
Icemanchp3 said:
5 is not correct I still cant enter my info????????????????
MINUS 5 gmt

what is the top of the screen telling you when you hit 'submit' when trying to upload your avatar? it should reload with an error msg at the top. we need to know that to help ya out

be sure you hit the button at the bottom of the forum thread in your post that states 'profile'. then when THAT screen comes up, click the blue link in the bottom left hand corner that sez 'EDIT PROFILE'. then all the way down at the BOTTOM of that screen is where you browse to upload your avatar. but there IS a size restriction.

·
Premium Member
11,858 Posts
-5 is EASTERN time guys - he said he's looking for central time, which is GMT -6 hours.

make sure you click on "SAVE" at the bottom of that profile editing page, or all of your changes will be lost.

cheers!

-mistress k

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
mistressk said:
-5 is EASTERN time guys - he said he's looking for central time, which is GMT -6 hours.

-mistress k

Nope..beg to differ MK.

its -5 gmt. I just posted, my clock in my taskbar states 11.44, and when i look at the posted post time, it also states 11.44.

IF I change my profile to -6 gmt, then the posted post time in thread states 10.44 (that I can see on my end). which would actually be MOUNTAIN time... Eastern time would be -4 gmt or show 12.44 to me

time must be backwards nort' o' the border, eh?

:)

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Time check! Currently 12:47 pm Eastern time and I am set at -5.

Ok... that was wrong! The clock says 11:47 am. So -5 is not Eastern time.

Now I'll change the time in my profile.

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
and i'm set at -5 gmt as well, and the time stamp in your post that *I* see is 11.47 here in CENTRAL time

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
Biker Principal said:
Time check! Currently 12:47 pm Eastern time and I am set at -5.

Ok... that was wrong! The clock says 11:47 am. So -5 is not Eastern time.

Now I'll change the time in my profile.
try MINUS 4 gmt and see if that works over yonder.

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
aren't we all glad we know what time it is, and where we live??? :lol:

·
Registered
37 Posts
-6 would be Central Time - except it's Daylight Savings Time - which makes it now -5 for Central Time. In Winter it will have to be reset to -6.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Ok Icemanchp3... -5 should be the correct time correction for Central time.

The only cause of the other issue has to be the picture/file size of the picture/avatar you are loading. It can only be 80 x 80 pixels and 23 kb in size. That's REALLY small. Check at the top for an error message (usually in red) and see what it says. The picture/file size is really the only issue that would prevent you from saving your information. :D

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
rburt said:
-6 would be Central Time - except it's Daylight Savings Time - which makes it now -5 for Central Time. In Winter it will have to be reset to -6.
Well, that answers a lot of questions right there...doesn't it. I guess I'm just used to the computer doing it for me...I didn't think about it.

Yeah.... MINUS 5 GMT for Central

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, I'm going to try again, the avatars I am looking at are 23 or under, how do I check pixals? Also time zone set at 5 but wrong time I'll try now to see if I got all the info ya'll sent. here go.s
Ice

1 - 20 of 29 Posts