Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are 1000 topics about this and I think I have read every one of them but I have yet to find anyone that has the same year and style as mine that has done it. I have the 2005 c50t and I want to get more sound so instead of jumping into the expense of new pipes I am considering this Abe's mod. I just would love to talk with someone that has the same bike that has done it. I am worried about the whole thing and after reading so many pages I am more confused now than I was! LOL! So PLEASE....If you have a 05 c50 and you have done this mod ....let's talk a bit about it so I don't go into it without a clue? Thanks in advance! I have already drilled the outer plate and it made a nice difference but I'd like to punch on through the baffles like in the Abe's video but I have heard conflicting stories about the different years.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have a 2007 c50 and have done this mod its very simple and my friend has a 2005 c50 and is the exact same bike did this on his too all ya need to do is get a 1/2 inch rod that's about 4ft long and a hamer drive it in till you feel it go though the 1st one pull it out then redo again till you feel it go though 2nd one works good and makes a noticeable difrence in sound hope this helps

Reactions: Mark's c50t

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went in on the top pipe and ran into the first plate at about 12 1/2" and after I pulled the spike out I looked at my repair manual and it says I have a O2 sensor in there towards the reduction where the pipe kinda turns into a tailpipe and I stopped! LOL! I assume the next plate is pretty close to the first so I am building courage so I can go back to the garage and bash the stake in further!

·
Registered
670 Posts
I did that and also drilled six half inch holes around the outside plate.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Well this is a puzzle! I went in like 21" and that was the next place I found any resistance. I took the stake back out and compared the spot where it stopped to the outside of the pipes and it is so far in it is at the point where the pipe is starting to bend! LOL! I think I am out of plates that I can drive thru! Has anyone ever encountered this? I hear everyone saying there's 2 plates that need driven thru but I really don't see that in my case. I started it and it sounds deeper than it did and I have already drilled the holes so I think I have all the noise I am going to get out of these pipes :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
aye if you made it 21 inches you got them both:wayhappy: now do the bottom pipe same way and your golden

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I expected to run into something before 21" and when I looked at the outside and figured where I was I am right at the part of the pipes where they connect by something there and I doubt it would be a good idea to go thrashing through whatever that is! LOL!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
olfart.....I did both and then I started her up. I think I hear a little lower rumble than before but I had already drilled the back plate and it was quite a difference over stock so I think I got the biggest bang for my buck before I knocked these little plates out in the pipes. I am happy enough with it and I have come to the realization that I am riding a small 800 cc bike and it is only capable of making a certain sound and I think I am actually craving the sound of a big bore motor. I am going to keep this bike because I love it but I think I am going to get a bigger one to add to my collection so I can mess with it a while :) Thanks y'all! I really appreciate the help!

·
Registered
238 Posts
just one other thing to point out mine dint get much louder till I had rode it for a few miles got it heated up and it blew them lil pieces of baffle out but still not sounding like ya put a cobra exaust or something just a lil lower tone and just a smig louder

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.