Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new here, and I've read every thread there is on this entire board, and I still can't seem to find which is the best oil to use on my apes and custom pipes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That would be penoil q delvac gtx 1 full semi automatic synthetic 80w90. Dont forget the chrome k&n filter, guaranteed just as good as a full rebuild and you get 15hp.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm still not clear on whether the apes should be filled with gear oil, synthetic, or just a plain old motorcycle oil.

·
Super Moderator
57,615 Posts
Mercury. More stable at highway speeds which means less vibration as well as the smooth flow while taking turns.

·
Administrator
52,351 Posts
Gonna buy me some mercury......and run it up n' down the road

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mercury. More stable at highway speeds which means less vibration as well as the smooth flow while taking turns.
Won't there be a problem with expansion in the Arizona heat?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I thought you filled apes with blinker fluid so that you don’t run out on long trips............

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought you filled apes with blinker fluid so that you don’t run out on long trips............
Some people have been known to fill them with gas just in case they run out, but seeing as Boulevards seem more prone to running low on oil, I think it's wiser to fill them with that.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
A good EVOO, perhaps flavored, lovingly rubbed on always goes well with ape.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A good EVOO, perhaps flavored, lovingly rubbed on always goes well with ape.
Yeah but when EVOO goes rancid, it has an awful smell.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 15 of 15 Posts