Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like a idiot! I removed the rear seat and they say you are supposed to see two bolts that hold the driver seat on and I do see two bolts up under the **** seat but nothing you can get to from the top of the bike!!!! I need to know if I am lost or is there something else to take off? Here's the bike with the seat on....does anyone else have this style? This is a 2005 c50t. Thanks in advance for any help :) P.s. you can see the stud in the back of the seat that the passenger seat fits into but the bolts are actually under the back of the driver seat! WTH!????

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is what I thought but after further inspection that stud (with the bolt hex on the base) is nothing but a stud for the rear seat to hook into. It doesn't even go into the fender at all. I can see two bolts that appear to be holding the seat on but short of finding some way to get between the tire and the under side of the fender I can't see any way to get to these two bolts! LOL! Hence the feeling like a idiot!

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
That is what I thought but after further inspection that stud (with the bolt hex on the base) is nothing but a stud for the rear seat to hook into. It doesn't even go into the fender at all. I can see two bolts that appear to be holding the seat on but short of finding some way to get between the tire and the under side of the fender I can't see any way to get to these two bolts! LOL! Hence the feeling like a idiot!
That single stud serves both purposes - passenger seat and riders seat hold down. It is a mustang supplied system different from the oem seat system.

Reactions: Mark's c50t

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really appreciate the help...I will go out and snap a picture of this stud so you all can see what I mean about it not even touching the fender. I have even gone to the Mustang site and read their details on removal and mounting say there are two allen head bolts that stick out from the back of the front seat that are accessible once the rear seat is removed. CRAZY STUFF! LOL!

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
I have the mustang seat. I know what the arrangement looks like.

The two bolt you see under the back edge hold an adapter plate to the oem location.

Put a wrench on the hex on the stud and remove it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The Mustang seat has a bracket attached to it. There is another bracket that attaches to the fender. Removing the stud for the pillion also disconnects the front seat bracket from the bracket on the fender. Give it a try :)

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well.....I have to start by apologizing for doubting you all. I am not too proud to say I was dead wrong and you were right! LOL! I had to get down there with my camera taking a flash pic of it and I saw what you were talking about! Two seconds later and I had the seat off! LOL! Thanks a million y'all! That is exactly why I joined this group! You guys rock! Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.