Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hahahaaaaa!

Seriously, my wife is a wee lass and if she slides all the way back against the backrest she's not comfortable at all and her feet don't hit the pegs right. (Saddle bags get in the way)

I want to install the Mustang backrest but it needs to be set forward about 2 or 3 more inches.

I have the medium height billet backrest right now and I was wondering if anyone has a slick way of making a special mounting rig to fit in the billet sissybar but then would actually hold the pad a few inches closer to the rider.

I don't have machine shop skills, but I can get about half way there wrenching.

~THANKS!

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
That got my attention! :shock: LOL Isn't there rear footpeg extension brackets that allow you to raise and move the feet to the rear? Maybe moving her footpegs back/up would be a better way to tackle problem.
Just an idea......

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would put the pegs under the bags.

We've got the River Road large bags and we travel quite a bit.

It would be great if I could get a look at the mounting bracket on the Mustang back pad but that thing aint cheap and I'm hoping to have some hints at a method before I buy it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
It may not look the best but have you thought about using something like a 2x4 or 2x6 block of wood. You could always take it to an upholstery shop and they could try to match the vinyl with the back rest.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Have you considered getting passenger floorboards for your special passenger? If you travel a lot, she would be a lot more comfortable with floorboards rather than pegs.

There must be some sort of special adjustable brackets to mount floorboards. If not, you could visit a machine shop and see what kind of ideas they might come up with that could be fabricated. I am assuming that this foot repositioning would solve the problem without having to modify your sissy bar backrest.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Let us know how you solve this one. I'm sure there are other forum members that could benefit from your solution.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Floorboards yeah.

I've got another browser window open right now but DANG passenger floorboards are EXPENSIVE!

Any low cost suggestions for floorboards?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
notorious_carl said:
It may not look the best but have you thought about using something like a 2x4 or 2x6 block of wood. You could always take it to an upholstery shop and they could try to match the vinyl with the back rest.
That sounded hokey at first....but ya know...that's not a bad idea.
I could shape one myself out of a piece of oak so it could hold up well to mounting hardware.
Matching covering should be a snap.

"I maid me a new motorbike outta WOOOOD y'all!!!"

·
Registered
370 Posts
Scoundrel said:
That sounded hokey at first....but ya know...that's not a bad idea.
I could shape one myself out of a piece of oak so it could hold up well to mounting hardware.
Matching covering should be a snap.

"I maid me a new motorbike outta WOOOOD y'all!!!"
Well i hope it works out for you. let us know what you did and include some pics.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
A wee lass ya say,well pick her up and set her in front of ya on the bike and that way both of ya`s can have a great ride :wink: :lol: .Just joking...good luck with that because when I was a passenger if your uncomfortable..its terrible and makes for a sh1tty ride...so hope ya figure somethin out so ya`s can enjoy every ride!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was just looking at maybe having the whole sissybar mounting rig re-drilled. With the holes moved back to slide the whole thing up...but it looks like the most I'd get before the tail end would be about 1 inch...no more room until the back end curves up.

So I see these affordable floorboards as recommended:
http://www.jpcycles.com/productdeta...B-47DD-AE75-E68B42954BF5&store=&page=&search=
And I'm wondering if anyone has actually put these on a Vol/C50.
Does the angle come out right? Looks like they'd be pointed up on an angle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts