Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Suzuki Boulevard C50T that I just had the engine replaced. Found out that the rear injector was only firing every once in a while. Checked the injectors, also, switched them, both are working fine. Checked the wiring, even jumped the wire, everything is good. Checked ECU and even replaced it. Checked spark plugs, they are good. Everything has been checked numerous times, and by all accounts, it should be working. But, cannot get the rear injector to fire consistently. Any ideas at to what we are missing?

·
Registered
64 Posts
How do you know it's the rear injector specifically? Now and then the rear cylinder is misfiring?

I'd be much more suspicious of an issue with the plug, wire, or coil for the rear cylinder than I would be that the injector isn't working, especially if it's been checked and confirmed to. As bikes come up on 15+ years old it's not unheard of for plug wires to need attention, or start intermittently arcing to ground. Try switching coils front to rear and see if the problem follows it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts