Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah I know, helmets are not cool. But in Mo. where I live there is a helmet law. I have been looking for one helmet in particular.It is a shorty, It has stickers all over it(or at least look like biker stickers) I have seen a dozen people wearing them, I cannot find what brand they are. I dont think they are just plain helmets people have put stickers on, because they are all alike and no 12 people think the same way, plus they have a clear coat over the stickers, any one have a idea on these? thanks

·
Banned
19,530 Posts
i have never seen a shorty with stickers on it from the manufacturer. lots of folks buy helmets and then personalize them with their own stickers.

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
:?: :?:

I suppose you could always walk up to one and ask them where they got theirs?

I haven't seen them 'pre-stickered' from any mfg. either.

Good luck in your search

·
Premium Member
11,858 Posts
v01rider said:
i have never seen a shorty with stickers on it from the manufacturer. lots of folks buy helmets and then personalize them with their own stickers.
yep, i've got a ton of stickers on my favourite summer shorty, but the only ones it came with say "DOT" and "skid lid" :wink:

cheers!

-mistress k

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Stickers or Graphics.

Me too, never seen an already stickered hemlet.
Maybe it's a local club thing.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Helmets may not be cool, but brain damage from banging your unprotected gourd is even less cool.

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
cactusjack said:
Helmets may not be cool, but brain damage from banging your unprotected gourd is even less cool.
I've been know to go helmetless on occasion but I agree.

I just got one of these last year and use it every now and again. Dorky looking to some but it's comfy.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Toe Knee said:
cactusjack said:

I just got one of these last year and use it every now and again. Dorky looking to some but it's comfy.

I just bought that same helmet. I wanted an alternative from my full face and half helmet. edit to add- I'm planning on getting some blue decals of some design to put on there and have it match my bike.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Toe Knee said:
cactusjack said:

I have one very similar...but from Fulmer. Its a great style of helmet.

As far as the sticker covered helmet I have seen them as well...too perfect to be done with real stickers as they cover the entire helmet. . A 2 dimensionional sticker doesnt cover a 3 dimentional helmet without a kink or a bend hear and there...and I didnt see any. Like they were printed on the helmet. A guy in my neighborhood has one...maybe I can waive him over next time he rides by.

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
danimal said:
Toe Knee said:
cactusjack said:

I just bought that same helmet. I wanted an alternative from my full face and half helmet. edit to add- I'm planning on getting some blue decals of some design to put on there and have it match my bike.
I'll take a snap shot of the sticker that I have on mine. It's so stupid that it's kind of cool.

It's a red jolly roger that I got at newbury comics.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys, Ill keep looking. Yes I will ask someone where they got thiers,if Im on the same side of highway or can catch them at a light.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
boulevard06, most people decorate their own helmets with stickers from swap meets, leather shops, rally's, etc.
Just pick up a plain helmet and put your own personal touch on it. :wink:

If you don't have access to a store with stickers let me know, there is a store by me that sells them. I will pick some up and mail them to you.

Heck, maybe some other members would be willing to help out too!

·
Registered
8 Posts
My fat head doesn't fit in most helmets.
The only one I found is the arai xxxl.
I only wear it under 45 degrees to keep my head warm.
:wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts