Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

New member here from the beautiful Driftless area of Wisconsin and super new to cruiser bikes in general, but not motorcycling. I've owned sportbikes in the past, and recently picked up a 2005 C50 from a very sweet older gentleman that didn't have the time to ride anymore.
It has 33,000 miles and seems to have been well cared for. It sounds happy when I take it for rides and the engine loves to purr!

I do notice some minor backache when I have commuted recently (~30 miles each way). The bike has an aftermarket Mustang seat, which while plush, may be contributing to my discomfort by not being firm enough. I am 6', ~195 lb, for reference. It feels better when I lean forward which makes me wonder if I need to have the bars more forward and the seat a little more 'aggressive'. Please let me know if anyone has tried this and whether you recommend it. Parts off the M50?

Thanks for having me, and look forward to learning from you all and enjoying my bike!

·
Super Moderator
29,454 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

A grasshopper backrest, pullback risers, or both might help with the back issues. I put both on my C50 and it made a huge difference in comfort.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Greetings from Minnesota! There are noligable folks on here and will steer you right. Nice ride! I was in Winona last weekend.

·
Super Moderator
23,163 Posts
welcome to the family...nice looking ride...hope you're able to find some way to make it more comfortable.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Aloha and Welcome.
There used to be a pretty good contingent from WI on the site and a few Rallys held up in Green Bay. If you remember the NfL commercial from 10ish years ago with the parade of Packers fans led by the Packers themed bike, they were organized by the same guy riding it (sometimes known as Volusianator).

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
Welcome from Florida :)

·
Registered
11,884 Posts
Welcome from "Packer" Jim here . 🏈 😁

·
Registered
22,061 Posts
Greetings from Indiana. 2" risers with 1.5" pull back solved my pain.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Anyone have experience with firmer and taller saddles? I realize I like sitting more upright and closer to the bars (as on a sportbike/standard) and would like to replicate that position to some extent. The Mustang seat cramps me so I am more comfortable sitting on the back ridge of the seat, rather than in it. Bonus, the saddles with springs on them are visually appealing to me. At some point I would try and modify the bike to look more like a vintage British bike (like a Brough Superior or the like), but for now, my needs are comfort-related. Any insights would be appreciate, thanks.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
[email protected] had a cast-iron tractor seat mounted up. Someone may still have pictures.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts