Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from southeast, missouri. I inherited a 2008 C50 Boulevard from my wife's uncle. The bike had 2800 miles on it when I picked it up. It sat in his garage for 4 years with about 3/4 tank of gas. The smell was horrendous but after 6 weeks full of evaporust and new fuel pump and sender it runs like a top. Slowly starting to makes some changes, took off the saddle bags, crash bar, sissy bar and windshield...lower it 2 inches and swapped bars and risers for 10" mini apes. Got a few more ideas for mods this winter.

Thanks
cook1536

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
23,781 Posts
Greetings from Indiana. Better replace the tires first off. They start to deteriorate after 4-5 years and they are already past that. Change all fluids and I recommend you change the brake line also, recommend going braided steel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Greetings from Indiana. Better replace the tires first off. They start to deteriorate after 4-5 years and they are already past that. Change all fluids and I recommend you change the brake line also, recommend going braided steel.

All the fluids were done after i got it running, smelled terrible when it started burning everything out from sitting. looking at going white walls during the winter. Didn't think about the brake line...thanks for the tips!!!

·
Premium Member
4,274 Posts
Welcome from Florida :)

·
Super Moderator
26,146 Posts
welcome to the family...nice lookin ride...good mileage...best part coming from a family member not that it should make a difference...like the look of the bars...and fwiw...make sure you have an extra set of keys. Have fun making it yours...lots of accessories available for that model...keep ypur eye on ebay as well as the swap section here...guys/gals are always cleaning out their mc tubs and you can get some great deals on things to dress up the ride. Ride safe out there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts