Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I bought a shiny new 2007 C50 (loaded) off of the showroom floor last evening, and I picked it today at noon... :p

Our bike is 2-tone silver & pearl, and it came with the following OEM accessories:
  • Passenger running boards
  • Highway lights
  • Front and rear fender trim
In addition to those, we've ordered the following accessories which will take a week or so to arrive:
  • Tall passenger back rest
  • Windshield
The saddle bags will have to wait for awhile, especially since I'm not sure if I want to drop the coin for painted cases to match, or just go with some really nice rigid leather bags...

Here's a few pics...

It's been a very long 4 years since we've owned a bike, but we're back in the saddle again... 8)

My previous 3 bikes were a Kawasaki KZ-550LTD, Yamaha Seca-Turbo 650, and a Honda Shadow VLX 600.

-Tim

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We're in Arkansas because up until August 28, 2005, we lived in Mandeville and worked in Metarie... :shock:

Enough said...................... :cry:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Welcome from N. W. Florida!!

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
Welcome from Bella Vista AR!

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
Oh! I forgot to say how nice your bike is,

Nice bike 8)

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
Welcome to the site from a Missourian that has been adopted by the NW Arkansas Mafia.

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
Welcome from just across the river, Memphis! Been to Jonesboro a time or two....long enough to realize I couldn't have a margarita with my Mexican food! :curse:

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TNrookie said:
Welcome from just across the river, Memphis! Been to Jonesboro a time or two....long enough to realize I couldn't have a margarita with my Mexican food! :curse:
Nah, ya just gotta know WHERE to go... This is quite possibly the WETTEST dry county in the entire Bible belt! :wink:

-Tim

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cougar28 said:
Welcome from NW Arkansas,nice lookin ride!
Depending upon the weather, I'll most likely be riding over your way this weekend for a good game of poker and lots of random debauchery in Mountain Home! :twisted:

-Tim

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
TGreene said:
TNrookie said:
Nah, ya just gotta know WHERE to go... This is quite possibly the WETTEST dry county in the entire Bible belt! :wink:

-Tim

:shock: I thought that was us, in Benton Co.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Baxter county could rate right up there too, if backwoods stills get to be counted... :lol:

If ya'll aren't aware, we do have a phenomenal sushi bar here, and they now have a liquor license. It's nothing for a friend/client of mine and I to do $50 luncheons every Thursday, with most of that being Saki. :p

-Tim

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BTW: For those of you in the Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Tennessee & Texas region, I have been working on a new website (Arkansas Outdoors) that features a really nice {Regional Weather} page.

While the overall tone of the site is actually geared towards cyclists, rock climbers and paddlers, it can be used as a very quick resource for all things outdoors.

Some of you may want to check it out at http://outdoors.great-river.com -- Please keep in mind that it's far from being completed, because it's really more of a "project site" than anything, and I've been far too busy with real programming jobs, to be able to dedicate the necessary time to it.

-Tim

·
Registered
27,502 Posts
Another welcome from NW Arkansas. And trust me...Jonesboro can't begin to touch Benton County as the wettest dry county on Earth! :lol:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Very nice bike.. and hello from W Arkansas

1 - 20 of 39 Posts