Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

This should've been my first post here, but somehow I managed to miss introducing myself, sorry about it... instead I started posting and already asked some stupid questions some members laughed about, lol.
I'd actually joined this forum back in July 2007, days before buying my Vol, but posted no messages at all until recently (I also did not visit the site, kinda forgot about it after subscribing...).

Sooo..my name is Robert, I'm from Markham, ON (Canada), a 37 yrs old married dude, I'm basically a new rider, this Vol is my first bike (pics in my gallery), and riding it home for 500 miles from Newburg, NY (that's where the previous owner is from) was my first riding experience after the getting the motorcycle license :shock:

Sadly, right after getting the bike I had to go on a trip for 2 weeks (without it) so I could not enjoy it ... but it's ok I did it afterwards, my last 2007 ride was early December, with temperatures below the freezing point (not funny)...

I usually ride in weekends with my bro, who owns a '05 VStar Classic 650, also commuting to work (mostly on freeways), weather permitting. Still learning things, found this site very useful. B/c of my daily commute on freeways I'm on the DJ Drive waiting list already, and planning a long trip touring USA (10,000 miles - almost a "four corners") this August with my bro, and that requires lots of preps, including the mental one. The more I read posts on this site the more I realize how unprepared I am for this summer experience, but I have faith I'll be able doing it, with determination and tenacity.

Cheers again and have a good day!

·
Premium Member
11,858 Posts
welcome from just down that godforsaken stretch of pavement they call the 401 :)

cheers!

-mistress k

·
Registered
785 Posts
Welcome from North Carolina. When you take your US tour and you come through the southeast, keep in mind the humidity can't be adequately defined. It must be experienced! Just ask Queen of the Hill!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Welcome from N. W. Florida!!

·
Premium Member
11,858 Posts
canuck, i like your new avatar! :twisted:

cheers!

-mistress k

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
Welcome from Lafayette, Indiana. For your trip make sure you get on the help list.

Why does Santhony have MissK's tatoo as a signature?

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Welcome from central Arkansas!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Welcome from Brighton,Ont. Am sure that you will like this forum. A great bunch of people and ready to help when you need it :) Take care.

Henry.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts