Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This site said Volusia riders and I am a new motorcyclist so I don't know much like if there is a Volusia motorcycle out there, but the county I live in is Volusia county so I thought maybe it was only local people. Lol.

It's cool though, either way it didn't matter. I own a brand new 2013 GW 250 and I took the MSF course. Plan on taking some more advanced ones soon. Just hit 1000 miles and can't wait to take my longer trip now that it is broken in. I still have read that at 1500 miles is when your bike is declared fully broken in. Don't know how true that is or not but it makes sense.

On this longer trip, I head up to North Carolina and even though I may take the highway some during the boring parts. I will be going mostly back roads which will be very curvy and new and the scenery should be awesome to ride through. Unfortunately we've had this nasty storm this past week across the east coast so hopefully better weather next weekend. Oh and the point isn't to go fast or anything like that, that's not my thing. I just want to enjoy the cruise and scenery with my awesome HJC CL-17 Helmet and air max 3 jacket. I got the jacket for the armor mainly, also its all around weather features and protection. Sure it could be overkill but that's what I don't want to be. I am confident but not overconfident nor cocky in any way. I want to feel protected as possible and a jacket with armor along with the pants in the future, helps be more at ease.

But anyways, ride safe all!
My name is Daniel Jackson.

·
Registered
23,804 Posts
Greetings from Indiana.
Most of us here either own or have owned a suzuki volusia/boulevard. Glad your taking your riding seriously. Good training and protective clothing. Main thing is to practice, practice, practice.

·
Super Moderator
34,500 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

The site is named after the Suzuki Volusia motorcycle, which was named after Volusia County in Florida, where it was introduced. Around 2005 they renamed the Volusia to the Boulevard. Most all of or membership either own, or have owned one of them. We don't turn away people with other bikes though. If we let Beezer hang around after he bought a Harley we'll let anyone hang. :biglaugh:

There's lots of non model specific motorcycle talk that goes on here, so stick around.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
Welcome aboard

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.