Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am Bobby from Belgium, got my motorcycle license in Belgium in 2015 couple months later, I bought my first bike in Montreal, Quebec, a Blue VL800 from 2003.
I finished my study in Montreal and then went on a trip during the summer to move to Vancouver going across the US.
I did Albany NY, Rochester NY, Niagara Falls, Toronto, Detroit, Chicago, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, South Dakota (went to Sturgis 2015 for my 25th Birthday staying for more than a week at the Buffalo Chip).
Then crossed Wyoming to visit Yellow Stone National park for a couple days, crossed Montana, Alberta and Finally arrived in Vancouver.
After a couple month there not finding work in my field, I prepared my trip back to Belgium and we (my father and I) decided that, this back having the history that it had, we would ship it to Belgium.
Sadly without the european conformity paper, we never managed to get it regsitered.
So my dad bought a 2005 VL800 that I have been using since.
(I also rode a 1981 Honda CB400 for a year while I lived in New Zealand.)
Recently my 2005 VL800 engine started making a very bad noise so it is immobilised.
Now that I have 2 VL800 that are stuck I tought it is the right time to get my hands dirty.
I found a 2002 VL800 frame that I plan to put my Canadian bike on, in the mean time, I will be looking for a new C50 engine for my 2005.
Which is why I joined this community, to find answers to the many question I will have in the upcoming month.

·
Registered
22,414 Posts
Greetings from Indiana. Ride safe and enjoy.

·
Super Moderator
30,071 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
morning from Ct...sounds like it should be an interesting project.

·
Premium Member
3,875 Posts
Welcome from Florida :)

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
Welcome from Indiana Jim. 😁

·
Registered
113 Posts
Greetings from Minnesota! Don't forget to post lots of pic's...enjoy the project.

·
Super Moderator
4,657 Posts
Welcome from Pa

1 - 9 of 9 Posts