Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , iv been enjoying this site for a bit since i picked up an M50 thats been a fun bike for scooten around on. This site has been a wealth of info and advice and I feel way more confident with tackling things with the bike knowing i have access to it. Thank you.. Ok im not a female but i got a laugh when i noticed the amount of veiws from the earlier female thread title..Nice to know im in good company.. again thanks.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Welcome from Oakville, Ontario

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the warm national welcome. I know some of ya is kinda cold right now though. Im in the northwest and we had a little snow over the weekend but its gone now. Iv been riding since i was a kid and like you it is just in the blood. Freedom coupled with excitment and tinkering around with your machines is the american way.
After browsing this sight and looking around i decided i wanted a project bike. I knew it was gonna be a C or M50 but i had to wait for the right one to present itself. After 5 months of searching this M50 popped up less than 40 mins from my place on craigslist. Absolutly perfect for what i was looking for. 2600 miles , hadnt been started in over a year , The bikes battery was dead and it was outside with plastic over it. The fuel was as nasty as the moss and mold growing on it. It also had fallen over with the complimentary broken clutch lever , mirror , turn signal and real nice baseball size dent in the tank. Other than that the bike was basically brand new. After a thorough detailing along with getting a cup of water from 2 gallons of fuel from the tank and new battery the bike ran like new. I put about 1500 miles on it last summer and now its time for modding. Will be posting in the mod thread shortly.. Again thanks for the welcome and may the 2 wheeled gods treat you all well..

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Welcome from Los Angeles, CA!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts