Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,665 Posts
welcome from Ct...unless the previous owner showed you some history on what has been done, start with changing all the fluids...make sure the tires are good and even tho they may appear to be rideable check for the date on the tire...you only have 2 tires under you...we all hate the cost of replacing tires but its about your safety.

·
Premium Member
3,627 Posts
Welcome from Florida :)

·
Super Moderator
56,262 Posts
Welcome and enjoy.

Just service your valves, replace everything, and you should be good to go ;)

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I bought my 2003 vl800 in 2013, still going strong. Two items of advice, to keep the carbs clean I always carry Star Tron enzyme fuel treatment & splash a little in at every tank refill, and when not on the road I keep her on a charger. 😉

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome from Virginia...down the road a spell from the Nations Capitol! A lot of great info on here with great folks to help you out. Parts too! It's already been recommended...change ALL the fluids...oil, break, differential (I guess that's what you call it on the bike). Make sure tires are good and not any hairline dry cracks. Be sure you put good gas in with 87 octane at least (premium is probably best and what I run). You can burn lower octane but mine runs better with higher octane fuel. Then take her for a good ride, listen to her purr and feel how she runs...you can do that with your bike too!
Keep the rubber on the road and don't go faster than your guardian angel can fly!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts