Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This is my first Suzuki. Actually its my first bike in over 30 years. Promised myself when I turn 50 I would buy a bike.

Decided on the 2006 Suzuki Boulevard C-50. She just seems to fit right.

If you have any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Actually I would like to put a bit louder muffler on her. Not too loud just a nice low growl.

If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I just bought Cobra Streetrod Slashdowns for mine. They haven't arrived yet, but I definitely like the look and sound of them. They have just about the same look as the Hard Krome exhaust, but they are $100 cheaper.

And post pictures so we can see what you got! :)

·
Administrator
52,306 Posts
Hi,

This is my first Suzuki. Actually its my first bike in over 30 years. Promised myself when I turn 50 I would buy a bike.

Decided on the 2006 Suzuki Boulevard C-50. She just seems to fit right.

If you have any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Actually I would like to put a bit louder muffler on her. Not too loud just a nice low growl.

If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them.
Welcome aboard!

The best milder toned, aftermarket, bolt on exhaust system in My opinion are the two into one MC systems.

The best MC systems hands down, are the left and right dual systems, which a number of members here have custom fabricated.

Anything else (aftermarket) will be loud, and even adding baffles won't contain the noise, though it may make it bearable to some folks.

The discontinued MC system which I thought was great looking, albeit, terribly loud, is the discontinued Hard-Krome, three inch Big Straight system.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new ride. There are lots of aftermarket pipes. They could run you from $300-1000 depending on the brand and type. Lots of folks watch the swap meet section for good used pipes at decent prices. If price is an issue, maybe you should look into the Honest Abe mod to the pipes. Cost = $0. There's lots of info on it on here. I did it to my Vol and loved it.

·
Premium Member
6,699 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from the Region of Waterloo!
What part of Ontario are you from?

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Welcome from the Pacific Northwest.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Welcome from another Southern Ontarioan. Like you, got to the experienced side of 50 and figured it was now or never. The C50 fit the bill perfectly. For a bit more growl for next to no money, look up the Honest Abe mod. Most are pleased with the type of results that you are looking for. I tried it and am happy so far. The inexpensive part is done (buying the bike). Once mod-itis takes over, there is no turning back.

Cheers.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts