Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!
I'm Joe and I just finished the MSF here in Boston, MA and got my license. Just bought a 2003 VL800 with crash bars, passenger seat with sissy bar and leather saddlebags. My first bike! Thank you all for adding me and this forum looks so welcoming and friendly. Im really looking forward to learning from all of you as a new rider. Oh and a quick question. How far does a full tank usually last? Is there any tricks or tips I should know? or any must need accessories? Much love and wash your hands lol

Thank you all so much!
Joseph

·
Super Moderator
20,033 Posts
welcome to the family here Joe...you may find yourself inquiring about a different seat if yours is the original oem seat...good replacement is the mustang or ultimate, can usually find a mustang used at a good price. Enjoy and ride safe and keep an eye open for things like rallies or lunch meets, wrench party's etc. here in the northeast, always something going on.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Welcome from Florida :)

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Greetings from Framingham, MA (but not for long!) Welcome to one of the best Forums on the planet. Lots of friendly people with tons of experience. I have an original 01 Volusia and an 07 Boulevard. Love them both!

Smart to do the MSF course, now practice, practice, practice. Invest in some good safety gear and wear it all the time. Remember...You'd rather sweat than bleed.

Ride Safe and Often!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Greetings from Framingham, MA (but not for long!) Welcome to one of the best Forums on the planet. Lots of friendly people with tons of experience. I have an original 01 Volusia and an 07 Boulevard. Love them both!

Smart to do the MSF course, now practice, practice, practice. Invest in some good safety gear and wear it all the time. Remember...You'd rather sweat than bleed.

Ride Safe and Often!
Hi LeLimoMan!
Thank you for the kind welcome! I'm so glad I did the MSF course. It was so informative and I left honestly feeling good and safe. I ride with a thick leather new motorcycle jacket, full face helmet and leather boots. I have yet to buy the kevlar jeans I spent 3 hours in line at one of the few dmv's open today. When I got home I got her inspected and rode for about 2 hours. I'm super looking forward to the future

Safe riding!
Joe

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Welcome... better late then never! Lol. Ride safe and ride often. I get under 200 kms (125 miles) to a tank. I'm running cobra shorty exhaust, fuel commander, and a short ram intake and I like the go button off the line.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome from ky! My c50 is my first bike and a great one to learn on. I go about 130-150 miles before the low fuel light comes on. Then theres still about a gallon in the tank. I'm pretty much stock aside from debaffled pipes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts