Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to fish the wiring through my ape hangers. I strarted on the left side by taking the switch housing apart. I cut the wiring and spliced on extensions. There was a spark and now my headlights, turn signals and horn are dead. What do I do???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
370 Posts
if u seen a spark sounds like you might of blown a fuse. get the manual out and check every fuse you can find. its probably the main feed fuse. always disconnect the battery before cutting wires. good luck
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,353 Posts
definitely. been there too many times. if you don't find the short, you're just going to go thru more fuses, though. try to start with the most likely places you might have a bare hot wire contacting a metal bike part, as this has been the culprit every time for me. pinched one and broke the insulation without noticing, or left a tiny bare spot in a splice, etc. here's hoping it ain't up in your bars! (i'd look around splices and switch housing first, probably)

the blown fuse is likely the one for where ever you tapped into power supply.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top