Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after 8 years of daily riding, the hi-beam side of the headlight has gone out. What is the replacement bulb for this? is it a dealer item or is there an aftermarket replacement?

Low beam is still working. I assume its a dual filament bulb.

thanks,

rv

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sylvania Silverstar Ultra 9003/HB2 SU/2
Thanks, VR. is that an internet buy or something like Cycle Gear? or can be found in an automotive store?

·
Registered
21,205 Posts
It is a standard H4 bulb. Any autoparts store will carry one.

Reactions: rvcycleguy

·
Registered
21,205 Posts
Silverstar bulbs are fine. But they burn out very quickly. And your bike operates the headlamp 100% of the time, so you can expect to only get a season or two out of it. For the price? Not worth it to me.

·
Registered
206 Posts
any H4 or 9003 will work. 9003 and h4 are "the same." Same plug pins, slightly different design.
I do not recommend the Silverstar Ultras, with the bike's DRL's you will get less than a year of run time.
I recommend the good ole regular halogen or maybe the Xtravision.
I have the Xtravision on my bike. it was a good middle point between bulb life and brightness.

·
Registered
21,205 Posts
I usually get the Xtravision. A little brighter than stock, but they last just about as long. And at $9-$11 they're inexpensive too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.