Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having problem getting headlight out ,took two screws out of bottom put cant tell how its hooked at the top . 2002 volusia

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
Hold bottom of headlight ring, push up gently and the ring will be in your hand away from the headlight and headlight bucket. The top of the ring sits behind a small lip that you have to go up and out to clear.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
can you take it from the top? I cant seem to get either the ring or the adjustment screws off the lamp base.

My manual says nothing about procedure.

Thanks,

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Are you trying to get the light it self out or are you trying to remove the light and ring from the bucket on the bike?

If it's the light/ring from the bucket on the bike:

Remove two small screws that are on the sides of the BUCKET. Then pull slightly up.

If it's the light itself from the ring:

Remove the two adjustment screws that are next to the light. Look at the top on the inside. There is a retaining piece of bent copper colored metal that you need to take out. It is only about 2 inches long and bends with pressure. It will pop back into shape when you need to re-install.

·
Registered
17,083 Posts
God I hope it hasn't taken him a year to get that headlight out.

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
basshole said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post above mine is from today!!

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
I bought a glass replacement fixture with a 100/80W H4 bulb and I want to replace the stock light with the new fixture.
I can replace just the bulb and get by but eventually want the new fixture in the place of the stock.

·
Banned
24,655 Posts
basshole said:
He learned from you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts