Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new to the site and world of Suzuki. I have a 13 C90T and am having issues removing the headlight cover to replace the bulb with a PIAA xtreme, I also just picked up the Suzuki driving lights and would really like to get them wired in. I have tried a couple times now buy pulling, turning, and pulling and turning, whats the trick? I'm used to Hondas and they just unbolt and pull off. I just really don't want to brake the outer trim. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
Remove the two small Phillips screw's on each side of the bucket. Then gently use a small bladed screwdriver, insert it in the gap between the bucket and the trim ring and gently twist it to force the two pieces apart.

There are a few indents on each piece that snap fit them together.

Just be careful, don't scratch the finish, and it will pop apart.

At least that's how I get mine apart.

·
Super Moderator
33,549 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

There's a lip at the top that it hooks on. Pull from the bottom. Lots of :curse: helps! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Remove the two small Phillips screw's on each side of the bucket. Then gently use a small bladed screwdriver, insert it in the gap between the bucket and the trim ring and gently twist it to force the two pieces apart.

Well I tried that but I'll give it another go, thanks.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Welcome from Minneapolis, I have the C90T as well and it was a pain in the butt but if you pull it will come off.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys thanks for the info I have not had time to try yet... I was going to do it today but now my buddy needs me to reseal the front cover on his Cummins so I might not get to it for awhile. I would rather leave it the way it is so i can ride than rip it apart and make a spectacle out of it, also I would like to do all the lights at once. And I've been dealing with the exhaust getting that to not leak and sound the way i want... Priorities, louder is better :wayhappy:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update... Install went ok had to make a jumper wire for the ground to the right light, but other than that all went well. Kinda don't like how the lights turn off when high beam is selected so I might change the wiring, but recommend the lights if you do night ridding, very nice addition they greatly help visibility.

·
Registered
37 Posts

I cannot get the two pieces to separate on mine. Way too difficult to get apart. I’ve tried everything but taking a hammer to it. Ridiculous!!! Still can’t get it apart. It won’t come loose, period. This should be a simple owner job. ANNOYED!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.