Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't care for the Sportsters that much but I'm liking that Nightster.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
487 Posts
ssi6 said:

Anyone else?

Well, if you're over 5'6", and 140 lbs., it's TOO SMALL for you! Otherwise, it's OK if you like that kinda thing. I think it looks kinda boring, I'm a CHROME guy myself! :D

·
Administrator
53,886 Posts

Not bad looking, but I'm pretty spoiled with liquid cooled MC engines. :wink:

·
Registered
697 Posts
C90T Rider said:
ssi6 said:

Anyone else?

Well, if you're over 5'6", and 140 lbs., it's TOO SMALL for you! Otherwise, it's OK if you like that kinda thing. I think it looks kinda boring, I'm a CHROME guy myself! :D
+1

They had a nice one at the dealer here...added some mild apes and kinda old school looking saddlebags. But at 6'1" my knees were almost in my chest...I felt like I was riding a minibike lol. I do like the fat bob though...not quite as cool as the Nighster but a similar theme and a bit bigger.

·
Premium Member
27,181 Posts
Well you really need to ask that question over on HDForums. That being said it gets good reviews and owners seem to like it. However ask the question to owners. Personally I think it is a great looking bike, but I like sportys.

·
Premium Member
27,181 Posts
C90T Rider said:
ssi6 said:

Anyone else?

Put forward controls on it. Harley has them.

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
I dunno. I just don't 'get it'. Is it me? or does anyone else think all HD look alike...'cept maybe the full baggers.

I just don't see high price tag.

but...to each their own, as I always say. :wink:

·
Registered
487 Posts
FX4 said:
C90T Rider said:
ssi6 said:

Anyone else?

Put forward controls on it. Harley has them.

FX, I've owned 4 Sportsters...I LIKE em too..but, man, they're just TOO SMALL! I buy one, ride it awhile, too small............sell it.................a few years go by....buy another one...repeat cycle......I did this FOUR times, cos I DO like em...but, I'll never buy another one..........TOO SMALL!!! :cry:

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
C90T Rider said:
ssi6 said:

Anyone else?

I am 5'6 and 140 lbs. so it might be a great bike for a fella like myself. I have been on one and liked it. I like the sporty! Price is'n bad either for a HD :wink:

·
Registered
487 Posts
BobandMary said:
C90T Rider said:
ssi6 said:

Anyone else?

I am 5'6 and 140 lbs. so it might be a great bike for a fella like myself. I have been on one and liked it. I like the sporty! :wink:

Then it'd be PERFECT for you!....They ARE really cool bikes.........but, did I say this before?.......TOO SMALL!!! :lol:

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
C90T Rider said:
BobandMary said:
C90T Rider said:
ssi6 said:

Anyone else?

I am 5'6 and 140 lbs. so it might be a great bike for a fella like myself. I have been on one and liked it. I like the sporty! :wink:
I'll wait and get one used when the tall guys who are new riders find out how squatty they are for them....Maybe, I will find a good price on one!!! :moneyeyes:

·
Premium Member
27,181 Posts
BobandMary said:
C90T Rider said:
BobandMary said:
C90T Rider said:
ssi6 said:

Anyone else?

I'll wait and get one used when the tall guys who are new riders find out how squatty they are for them....Maybe, I will find a good price on one!!! :moneyeyes:
I sit on the 1200 sporty low and I don't find it cramped. Now the Yami 250 I find to be cramped. I also found the C50 to be cramped. I guess everyone is built different.

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
It's certainly NOT boring. They are VERY sharp looking bikes. FAR better looking in person.

I just wish those bikes where a bit longer. Maybe a bit more leg room too.

Chrome is over rated.

I said it before.....HD's wrinkle finishes are trend setters. A perfect example of that is on their new bobber/chopper wanna be thingy.

The matte silver finish is AWESOME!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Toe Knee said:
It's certainly NOT boring. They are VERY sharp looking bikes. FAR better looking in person.

Chrome is over rated.

I said it before.....HD's wrinkle finishes are trend setters. A perfect example of that is on their new bobber/chopper wanna be thingy.

http://z.abo
ut.com/d/motorcycles/1/7/S/2/-/-/FXCWSoftailRocker.jpg

I guess that's what makes the world go round........everyone likes something different.....me, I HATE that Matte finish. :!:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Toe Knee said:

Chrome is over rated.

I think thats a sharp looking bike myself, put forward controls on it and you are set!

·
Registered
487 Posts
DemonGideon said:
Toe Knee said:

Chrome is over rated.

I think thats a sharp looking bike myself, put forward controls on it and you are set!

UMMMM, take a closer look, it HAS forward controls! :wink:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts