Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the slotted set. PN 58121-85B

They only come in slotted or non-slotted.

$71.90 including tax. ShooterRex has some nice pics of his install. Not bad price since VA lowers are going for $120 without tax and s/h.

Problem.... I have detachable Memphis Fats windshield. I can not mount like other have to there OEM shield or other permanent shield.

I was trying to search web to maybe use the VA lowers fork band with rubber insert and just drill holes where needed. This will take care of securing the lower part.
The upper support is another problem. Since I can not mount like others have to their permanent shield, I will need to use another band or fab some type of bracket.

I will have to grind off the excess top mount part (section with 2 holes) as the are not needed. (as far as I'm thinking).

Anyone with similar setup that can help. Does any one with VA lowers parts list that can post or send me a scan copy so I can order band with rubber insert and correct hardware? (hopefully chrome hardware).

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
I am using a SS hose clamp on both top and bottom currently. I was hoping to find large enough fork clamps for lower, but the largest they seem to come in is 55MM. I picked up at Ace Hardware a device with a nut mounted in a holder which the clamp fits through. The VA (CWI) lower clamps aren't available to non-Va lower owners. Been there and done that. Possible to have a CWI Lower owner get a set for you from Custom World Intl. One problem with clamping to top of forks is it isn't srtaight . Has a taper to it. I will get my pics reloaded into my gallery of my lowers.

On my Botton currently is a 'band-it' device which a clamp or band passes through and allows bolting to it. There is another manufacture I will get their web site too. See mounting on pole under their products.

http://www.band-it-idex.com/products/products_literature.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts