Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21,402 Posts
EVs are a novelty. Yet our "betters" continue to try to drive that square peg into a round hole. Between the stupid high purchase price, you still have the limitations of short range and long recharge time.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
The biggest problem with "all vehicles becoming electric by 20XX" is the lack of power available on the grid to charge them.
A side issue, at least around here, is places turning ADA parking stalls into EV-only charging stalls.

Reactions: Whiskey

·
Super Moderator
34,437 Posts
I'm still holding that EVs won't become viable until they figure out battery swaps. Honda is doing it with electric scooters overseas. Stop off, swap your battery, hit the road again in about the same time it takes to fuel an ICE vehicle.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Price point is the problem, most families could own 1 electric car, as the "average" drive in the US in under 50 miles a day.
Technology will get better as it has with the gas/diesel engines.

Electric bike is only for commuting not for travel. HD was stupid to head on that direction.

·
Super Moderator
34,437 Posts
Eh. I wouldn't say they were stupid. There are a lot of young urban kids who want an electric bike. I'll agree on the price point though. Those young urban kids don't have HD money.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Electric motorcycles will never do well because by their very nature they are small, relatively compact platforms with a small area for the battery. Small battery = short range. Until they have super high capacity batteries that can give you a range of at least 250 miles or so they are DOA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts