Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a set of HD Risers from VR member.

Question I have is if a washer is needed for the top part on top of the triple tree cover?

Stock riser had a washer. Instructions said that I would reuse the rubber washer, which I did underneath the triple tree.

Problem I see is the HD riser are not flush on the triple tree. Which looks ok, but the risers have some play. I can move them forward and back.

Is this normal? Stock riser did not have any play.

Should I add washer on the top of triple tree?

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Have the same problem with the Barons risers I put on my Volusia. I took a hard look at the stock risers and saw they have a recess machined into the bottom that swallows the top rubber. The Barons are flat and ride on top of the rubber allowing them to move. Other members have suggested just doing away with the top washer and rubber allowing the risers to seat on the tree.
I'm about ready to do it . Tired of wobbly handlebars.

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Are these "Duece Risers" from HD? Do they have a "lip" on the bottom of the riser that prevents the riser from setting flush against the triple tree? If so you have several options. That lip can be cut or ground off so the riser sets flush. You can install a washer for a 7/8th bolt (Ace Hardware) under the riser and that will fill the gap created by the "lip" or VR member spacerjim makes an adapter specificaly for adapting Duece Risers to out bikes.
Viper

·
Registered
675 Posts
I have deuce risers and used rubber ballcock washers as recommended by someone here on the site. http://www.antonline.com/p_PMB-196-GP_390157.htm
you can get them at Home Depot, Lowes, etc. Put them on just as pictured, with the widest side against the tree and narrow side up, they work great.

Or you can use these: http://www.spacerjim.com/Deuce.html
been thinking about getting some myself if and when the ballcock washers wear out.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Scottyd409 said:
http://www.spacerjim.com/Deuce.html
Did the spacers help with the riser touching the speedo housing when the bars are turned to lock?

·
Registered
785 Posts
Speedo is shock mounted and the "barely touches" will not mar the plastic chrome-if it bugs you, use some JB Wels to build up the front fork stop so the triple tree/bars will not execute the full "stop to stop" turn.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
No, I don't anything bothersome about it, but from everything else I've read about the "barely touching" thing, I thought the extra 1/2" spacer would have added enough length to the riser to clear the speedo housing.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no issues

I have my spacer from Jim installed.

No issues with "barely clearance". If you do, try rotating ryou bars up just a bit.

Jim spacers are great! Good finishing and looks better than brushed.

Im very happy :D

·
Registered
264 Posts
I just installed some barons pullback risers and noticed what I thought was excessive play in the risers front to back. I took everything back apart and looked under the rubber washers to find rubber mount bushings for the riser mounts. I am going to work on a cure for this and may offer something up for general consumption in the near future.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts