Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Complete lap of lake Huron 1000 + mi. No problem took 3 day for me to recover but the bike was fine

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
mrnascar97 said:
diehard said:
If you ride 500 miles in one day, you're gonna be sore, I don't care what bike you're riding.
I disagree. I did 437 miles in one day on my c50t with a Mustang seat and at the end of the day there was no pain. In fact I felt pretty good. I can't say the same for the HD sportster riders that were with me. I saw a hole lot of butt repositioning and standing up on the pegs toward the end of the ride.

Bottom line it was all good.
Last September, I rode from Las Vegas to Wyoming and back on my 06 C50T W/JD Drive. I made a couple stops on the way, to visit family and friends. My longest days ride on that trip was over 650 miles. I only stopped to sleep that night because I still had another 350 plus miles to go and knew I could not do that without rest. In my younger days, I had some 1000 plus miles days in a 24 hour period. I have not tried that for awhile as I am 74, as of last October. As mentioned before, many times in many threads, have a good seat. I have ridden almost 500 miles in one day with the OEM but made stops about every 1 or 1 1/2 hours to get off the seat. With the Mustang Seat, I rode over 180 miles without getting off and then I had to stop for gas.

Ride safe.

Jim Reynolds

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Generally the bike will do more than you can and stopping for gas is the break you need!!!

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have a stock 2007 C50 (no DJ drive) and I did a 2500 mile bike trip last year. I rode it from southern Indiana to Central Florida. Took 2 days down to Florida, road around Florida with a snow bird friend, and road back; on the trip back, did 834 miles in 13 hours: left his house at 6am and pulled in my driveway at 7pm (mapquest stated 834 miles-speedo stated 830miles). No problems except it tried to overheat a little westbound I-24 going up Monteagle; but I was doing 85mph up that huge hill, slowed to 70mph till the other side and back to 85mph the rest of the way to Indiana (except for Nashville and Louisville-had to slow back down to 70mph). Love the C50.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have an 07 c50t with a c90 drive. Has anyone taken this type of bike on a longer road trip 500+ miles. If so, how did it perform? Are there issues to be aware of and things to do to insure a fun and safe trip? Thanks, NCCC50t
Took a 4,500 bike trip this summer. Ran great. Used some oil with interstate speeds.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yes I did, twice. It's capable of doing so (but so is every 300cc+ bike).

A few things to keep in mind:
1.) carry oil, the C50 likes to use oil above 65mph
2.) above 65 the vibration/buzz gets annoying
3.) don't wring it out - the engine doesn't like it at all, and above 90 mph the front gets unstable, I was close to tank slapping at least twice.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I've been on a couple of 600+ mile trips on mine. Absolutely no problems with the bike, but both bike and rider are more comfortable when speeds are 70 or less, and the rider needs a lot more breaks than he did 40 years back. It's not a bike I'd ride if I were in a big hurry to get somewhere -- but then, a bike is a bad thing to ride when you're in too big a hurry, anyway.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts