Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if so, what bushings did you use when back to stock in holes that were made bigger to accept the DJ drive ?

I THINK mine was made bigger with step bit and not just filed out bigger. it's been 8 or 9 yrs ago we did it to my 03

I now have an 09 and want to move DJ drive over to it and go stock on 03. if possible would prefer to put 09 stock drive on 03 just for newness of it other than the stock 03 drive that's been stored all these yrs. Issues in doing so?

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
I converted mine back prior to trading it in and since I had one of the original DJ drives it came with the bushings to use for re-installing the OEM drive. They were just small pieces of pipe which you could make if the holes had just been drilled out as per DJ's original instructions (bolt diameter inner and 9/16" outer if memory serves me right). If the holes had been elongated with a file or burr just bolt it back on.

When the dealer noticed the red RTV around the joint they asked what that was and I told them I had just greased the splines (known problem with Vol's and C50's) and sealed it back up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts