Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Yes...Sideburners are available. Phat Perfromance has them I think. Someone on the site has them already too...they look great.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is the clip that made me ask about them. I guess. I just found it interesting that everyone is going Drag or V&H or the other HK's when this one is apparently avalible. I kinda like the sound of these ! I may just go to the stealer and see what they will charge me. I assume they need a remap of the FI? I also assume those are baffled? :?:

·
Registered
116 Posts
I took my V.H. cruzers off and put the sideburners on I like the look better but the V.H. sounded alot better. and the side burners lose thier sound with mileage. I'm looking into trying to drill out some of the baffeling in them

·
Registered
697 Posts
Yea, they are just a few weeks old for our bike...but there are a few videos on Youtube on other bikes. Dumontrider may actually have been the first person to have them on a C50.

·
Registered
116 Posts
i have the fi2000 and did not change the settings for the sideburners but i allready have V.H. cruzers and it is a very easy install just make shure you get new crush gaskets as well

·
Registered
117 Posts
Looks like i've been asleep at the wheel and missed this topic!! These pipes are painfully loud for the first hundred miles or so, but after that I was able to ride with a half helmet pretty comfortably. I still have to wear ear plugs while wearing my full helmet, the reflection inside is unbearable, especially while leaning into a right hand corner!!

The fit and finish is great, I just wish the heat shields went all the way up to the cylinders. As it is there is about 1 inch of exposed pipe that's not chromed, but that's the cost of having cool pipes! 8)

I don't have a FI controller, but i like to think i noticed more power, but it could be my head justifying the sound/price of the pipes lol :twisted: On a side note, I did not notice any drop in mileage whatsoever, I still average 170 miles/tank while commuting 2 up. Everybody says to expect about 10% drop :shrug:

All in all, these are my favorite looking/sounding pipes, followed very closely by the Big 3's. My theory was that if they are the same price, why not get the newest thing out there!? If price is a concern, it shouldn't be long before these are on ebay or other 'cheap outlets'. Let me know if you want any other pic/videos of them.

spc1spc1: you're thinking of drilling these things?! Wow, even with earplugs I don't think I could take that much sound! And I'm not sure how that would work, the baffle is more of an elongated donut, would you use a 90 degree bend to drill, or drill around the hole like the stock pipes? I've been wanting to have my dad ride the bike just so i can get an idea of how loud they are while in a cage.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Dumontrider, I just followed my brother down to Panama City FL and he has those pipes too, on his M109R. :shock: Oh yeah, they're loud, especially if he gets on the throttle. But I think they are some of the best sounding pipes out there.

·
Registered
116 Posts
my v.h.'s i took all the fiberglass out of the baffles and they were great. i just did not like the look. i was thinking about taking the back half of the h.k.s off then drilling from the front side of the pipe into the baffels. maybe put a few 1/2 holes evenly spaced. i might also try to use something to pull some fiberglass out. it might be awhile before i do this cause i'm to lasy to take the pipes off

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Man those pipes look awsome :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
I like them (looks and sound) but the price is pretty steep.................

1 - 19 of 19 Posts