Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I too have the same question. I have their phone number (1-800-854-9134) and I will call them in a few hours when they get in and ask them. I am planning on ordering them today. I will post you what I find out. I like the looks of them and have heard they have the best chrome plating on the market for pipes. If you have any new info, please post it soon. I will do the same.

My e-mail is; [email protected]

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I cannot speak from experience, but I can tell you that a ton of people have HK pipes on the board and the general feel is that they ROCK!!!!!

Most go with the 3" big straights, but all HK pipes look sweet!

Maybe someone will chime in...

-BR

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I'm looking into the HK's too. HK doesn't list the 3" pipes for the c50, but I have heard they will work. Has anyone actually put the 3" pipes on a C50 ? If so what modifications do you have to make if any? Do they hit the floorboards? And do the 2.5" sound any different from the3"? Thanks

·
Registered
27,502 Posts
NA7A said:
I too have the same question. I have their phone number (1-800-854-9134) and I will call them in a few hours when they get in and ask them. I am planning on ordering them today. I will post you what I find out. I like the looks of them and have heard they have the best chrome plating on the market for pipes. If you have any new info, please post it soon. I will do the same.

My e-mail is; [email protected]
They'll most likely tell you that they cannot guarentee that they'll fit the C50 (because they haven't updated their info). I know that's what Mustang said about my seat for the S50 even though it's the same seat as the Intruder 800. Until they update their product info, they won't "commit".

·
Registered
975 Posts
I have a C50 and I bought a set of 2 1/2 American classic straights and they required some modification to get them installed. The outer cover of the pipe was right in the way of the brake pedal. I had to notch out the outer cover and make room for it. Otherwise the brake pedal just rubs right against it bad enough you cant use the brake. I tried shimming out the floorboard a little but it wasn't enough.

I should prolly get a picture of the mod and post it sometime.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Metric Mob said:
I have a C50 and I bought a set of 2 1/2 American classic straights and they required some modification to get them installed. The outer cover of the pipe was right in the way of the brake pedal. I had to notch out the outer cover and make room for it. Otherwise the brake pedal just rubs right against it bad enough you cant use the brake. I tried shimming out the floorboard a little but it wasn't enough. I should prolly get a picture of the mod and post it sometime.
I have a 2004, VOL that has the 2 1/2 American classic straights on and then I mounted the entire C50 Heel/Toe/Brake and floor boards set-up.
The brake was a bitch to install, but there was a notch already there I didn't have to anything, just line them up properly. They fit no problem.

And as to the question about the sound between the 3" and 2 1/2". My friend had the HK 3" on his VOL and took them off because he said they were too loud, he switched to Roadhouse pipes. But when he heard my 2 1/2 HK American Classic Straights, he couldn't believe that they weren't as loud as the 3". After about a year of using them, they've also seemed to have mellowed, deeper sounding, but not as loud as when I first put them on. They have baffles, but can't be removed as they are welded in.

·
Registered
243 Posts
beastAMD, I saw in you gallery some pics from Blues, Bikes and Bar-b-cue this year...my wife and I were there as well...maybe next year if there are some people from VR going to that we could communicate it somehow...I'd like to meet some people with Vol's/C50's.

Jeff

·
Registered
848 Posts
There are quite a few of us in the NW Arkansas area. I just got my c50 right before BB&BBQ, so I wasn't in the VR loop yet, but next year will be a blast. I'm sure there will be a lot of posts come Oct of next year. I look forward to meeting you and your wife, (my wife needs some biker girlfriends lol). Where are you guys from?

·
Registered
27,502 Posts
HEEEYYY!! Go into your profile and put your location. Put your state first though, as the "states" don't seem to "stick" so put for example, like mine "AR, Bentonville". We're looking forward to hearing from you!!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
We live in a little town in KS that you probably never heard of(I hadn't til we moved here, and I've lived in the area all my life..lol), but Joplin MO is about 15 minutes from the house.

Sounds like a blast, we'll have to hook up next year, as we definitely planned on making it an annual tradition.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I just ordered the HK 3" Big Straights from the local stealer. I got them to match OneidaSuzuki's price. They said they were only making $30 before having to pay the overhead. Oh Well! Will post after the weekend on how it went with the c50.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Rico said:
Metric Mob said:
I have a C50 and I bought a set of 2 1/2 American classic straights and they required some modification to get them installed. The outer cover of the pipe was right in the way of the brake pedal. I had to notch out the outer cover and make room for it. Otherwise the brake pedal just rubs right against it bad enough you cant use the brake. I tried shimming out the floorboard a little but it wasn't enough. I should prolly get a picture of the mod and post it sometime.
I have a 2004, VOL that has the 2 1/2 American classic straights on and then I mounted the entire C50 Heel/Toe/Brake and floor boards set-up.
The brake was a B**CH to install, but there was a notch already there I didn't have to anything, just line them up properly. They fit no problem.

And as to the question about the sound between the 3" and 2 1/2". My friend had the HK 3" on his VOL and took them off because he said they were too loud, he switched to Roadhouse pipes. But when he heard my 2 1/2 HK American Classic Straights, he couldn't believe that they weren't as loud as the 3". After about a year of using them, they've also seemed to have mellowed, deeper sounding, but not as loud as when I first put them on. They have baffles, but can't be removed as they are welded in.
I think what may have happened was I ordered them from J&P Cycles and i think they sent the wrong ones. Hard chrome has different model numbers for the 04 Vol and the 05 C50. J&P is just selling the one for the 04 VOl to the 05 C50 people without knowing the problem... I sent a msg and posted a review on their website about it and nothing was done as far as i know.

·
Registered
848 Posts
beastAMD said:
I just ordered the HK 3" Big Straights from the local stealer. I got them to match OneidaSuzuki's price. They said they were only making $30 before having to pay the overhead. Oh Well! Will post after the weekend on how it went with the c50.
Just got 'em on, and man are they LOUD! I'm getting it remapped tomorrow. When the bike is cold they are a higher pitch, but once it warmed up after a minute, they got a really low rumble.

The cylinder bolts are just long enough. My advice, make sure you have someone else to hold them while you install, the garage floor is unforgiving! Make sure you have a long hex wrench or small hands for the rear pipe, front bolt.

Also added the K&N (would've went for the pro-r hypercharger, but too much $ spent already for now). Now I need to find a dyno.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Installed the HK Strippers this weekend on an M50. I replaced the head bolts with ones (SS) that were 1/4" longer. I think they were #30 (metric). The stock ones (#25) only give you a few threads into the head and that worries me if they become loose.

Man, these HK's really sound neat. It's been raining here so have not had any road time and it's killing me! I also installed the Hypercharger and Stinger option. Really cool, nice sound.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts