Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Do you still have these?

I had to add a set of Street Rod Slashdowns to my bike to make room for a deeper set of bags. Figured I would add a set of Cobra Quiet Core Baffles to them after I got them to quiet them back down. 1 little problem, Cobra says they don't make them for these pipes. They have 2.25 OD and 1.875 OD available, and said my pipes are 2.125 ID, so being me I pulled the OEM baffles out to check. Yep 2.125 OD on the OEM baffles.

If these fit this configuration I will be happy to get them out of your way.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just another option for those that aren't aware and think the cobra street rods are too harsh/tinny. GMAN industries makes what's called a G-pop. That is made to go in the end of your exhaust to help with loss of backpressure in debaffled pipes. I ordered the medium to go in mine and put them in WITH the baffle still in. Just took out the set screw and install the Gpop in its place. It quiets them down a good bit, helps with backpressure and adds torque. Still has a nice low rumble but much easier on the ears for times when you're going on a long ride or have a passenger and want to be able to hear them. And if you decide you'd like them to be loud again for a spell, simply loosen the nut and turn the Gpop in line with the exhaust and tighten the nut again. Really a good product IMO. And only like 30$.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.