Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, It's been a LONG time since I have been on the site, but I wanted to let all my New England VR friends know that you guys and gals are not forgotten by Linda and I.
and we wanted to wish everyone a safe, sane and Happy New Year.

Arizona has been amazing and we continue to enjoy the weather, the landscape and most importantly, the riding weather. Spent most of the summer working on the house (the never-ending project) and finally got my workshop and cars (mostly) moved out. Now the hard part is unpacking it and setting it up.

Linda and I are both well. I'm working like crazy for the Flagstaff School District. COVID-19 is an ever-changing challenge for the schools, but we are back and fully in-person the school year. Linda continues to do well with her at home dialysis and will be going down to the Mayo Clinic, in Phoenix in March to finish off her testing to get put on the list for a kidney transplant. Fingers crossed that all goes well.

While we have been busy out here in the dessert, we still miss all our friends and family back in MA. We are not traveling during this time of the pandemic but will plan a trip back as soon as things calm down. We have not found a group of riders out here that comes even remotely close to our VR group in New England. Lots of bike and riding out here, but everyone does their own thing. Miss the NE folks and all the rides and social events. (Maybe we need to start a West Coast Chapter! 馃槀)

Sending best wishes to everyone and remember, there is a standing invite for any VR New England member to come and visit us. We have a beautiful guest suite, an outdoor hot tub and cold beers in the fridge. Stay safe and keep the rubber side down.

Much Love....Kurt & Linda

Super Moderator
Thanks Kurt. I've been thinking about you guys and wondering how things were going. I never knew about Linda's dialysis. Hope all goes well with that. Glad to hear you've been enjoying your new life.
Have you heard from BBQ Joe? I've wondered about him as well.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Beez! I have met BBQ Joe once two summers ago. He and the wife live quite a ways away in the middle of nowhere. (Literally off grid) I should give him a call now that you mention it.

Super Moderator
Hey, it's great to hear from you, Kurt! Thank you for checking in, and letting us know you and Linda are doing OK!

Super Moderator
hey kurt...great to hear from you and also glad to hear both you and Linda are well...hope she is able to get on the list and her mane comes sooner than later...miss your company and hope you're enjoying the roads/riding down there. If you scroll the forum you'll see theres been alot of health issues here this year with fellow members...more than I've ever seen in the 16 years I have been a part of this family...keep them in your prayers...would be great to get together if you find yourself back here in new England. Take care and give Linda outr best.

Super Moderator
Hey, Kurt! Good to hear from you. Prayers that Linda gets a match. 馃檹馃挏

Registered
Hey Kurt, glad you wrote I did not know about Linda but it is good to know she can maintain. Hope she gets on the list quickly and find a match. Today is the first day on snow for the year/season. Joy, get to use my snow thrower for a while as the bike sleeps. Good luck with everything. Keep showing up when you can.

Super Moderator
Good to hear from you Kurt and sending thoughts and prayers towards Linda search to be the match transplant...Happy New Year to you and yours.. Be safe.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone. Glad to see that you still remember us and the offer to come out and enjoy some Western hospitality still stands.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts