Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, long time no see. I haven't forgotten about you guys, just haven't had any money or time to do anything to my bike, except get new tired put on this week, and I decided it's finally time to get handlebar risers as well.

Pretty sure I want around ~4" risers; I think the 2" ones wouldn't be enough (I have a bad back and hip), and i think the 6" ones might be too much. I don't know anyone around the Tampa area who has any installed - truth be told, I don't really ride with anyone, as I only use my bike to go to the store and back and forth to the VA. :neutral:

The last time I was here, I could have sworn I bookmarked someone who was selling a really nice version he was making, but I can't find it anymore. So, as I've been looking around, I see several names and types. I would like the risers to remain "stock looking", if at all possible.

Recommendations? Places to buy? (Saving money would be good as well, since I live off my VA pension.)

edit: Oh, I should mention, mine is a 2006 C50
edit 2: Ha! Found it browsing around, and it is the 2" type, http://www.spacerjim.com/ISpacers.htm
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but that's a bit more than I was looking for, and I'd like to keep the stock steering as it is, just want to bring it up and back some.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I have the ones from spacerjim states that he makes custom lengths wish I would have ordered 3 " instead of the 2" I did. The 2 inch ones total 4 " with the oem risers.

·
Super Moderator
25,212 Posts
Mine are Show Chrome and I love them, but they're 4" up and 2" back.

Bear in mind that what you really want are 6" risers, as the stock risers are 2", and they measure the riser as is, not in comparison to stock. 6" risers would place the bars 4" higher than stock.

I would also tell you that you probably want the pull back more than the lift, this puts the bars closer to you. If you raise the bars to high they'll probably be a bit too high and hurt your back from holding your hands up in the air higher.

The other thing to point out is that with 4" risers you have to reroute the lines a bit. If you put 6" risers on your bike you are going to have to replace the lines with longer ones.

Hope that helps, but let me know if you have any other questions.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
806 Posts
Several years ago(maybe 6) I got the Big Phats risers. About 3" up and 2" back. Easy to install and not problems with quality. Don't know if they are still available.

·
Super Moderator
8,883 Posts
BearBait and I have always been pleased with Phat risers. We've put them on several bikes.

I note that one of the forum's official vendors, Value Accessories, carries Phats and several other manufacturers' risers. Bet you'll get a discount if you say you're with the VR!

Value-Accessories - Search

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
I agree with Whiskey....4"up and 2" back made a world of difference!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the info! I really don't want to replace the lines, but yes I do want the bars back more than up.

And yes, I've been looking at eBay as well. Just trying to figure out which ones. Good info knowing that the stock ones are 2", so I would want at least 4". But you're saying if I get 6" I *will* have to replace lines?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 14 of 14 Posts