Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Put Barons risers on 4 months ago and the handlebars have had a slight side to side twisting ever since. Finally got tired of of the sloppy feel and took it all apart to see what could be done.
Heres the cause. The factory risers have a hollow cup machined into the bottoms that swallow the top washer and rubber iso washer. This allows them to lightly seat against the tree so there is no gap to allow twisting.
The Barons have a flat bottom and mount on top of the top washer leaving a gap between riser/tree which allows them to move. If you have Harley risers you may have same problem.
My Solution: Remove top rubber iso washer, put it in your parts bin, you don't need it anymore. Next, enlarge the hole in top metal washer ( or buy different washers) so that it fits over the bolt thru bushing which extends about 1/8 inch above the tree. The washer now sits flat on the tree giving you a solid mount. My handlebars are rock solid now and feel SOOOOO much better :D . I do feel a little more vibration in the grips now but nothing significant, I don't think it's going to be a problem on long hauls.

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jimKo said:
Didn't like the 'old AMF Harley handlebar feel did we?

UDAGuy Bill of Mesa AZ!
LOL! Yep...I DO remember those days. Had an AMF Harley once. There's a handlebar mounting design best left in the past.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Hey Bill, I didn't have anymore problems with mine. I don't know what I did but my spacers are in and all tight and sound!
Glad you finally got yours straightened out too!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy the riding now....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just got my Risers in mail today-modelBA-7410-00-Barons

Any tips on those riser installs? i just received mine today. the barons . Like how ya get the little allan covers out?-Im just trying to get ready. iInstructions says remove windshield. is that really neccasary? Any problems to be aware of with the cables etc? thanks for any replies. Ill search forum also--thanks
Roger

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Just got my Risers in mail today-modelBA-7410-00-Barons

Rreed46578 said:
Any tips on those riser installs? i just received mine today. the barons . Like how ya get the little allan covers out?-Im just trying to get ready. iInstructions says remove windshield. is that really neccasary? Any problems to be aware of with the cables etc? thanks for any replies. Ill search forum also--thanks
Roger
Hi Roger.
My Barons are the 4 inch rise, 1 1/2 pullback. I mounted them kicked back at first but didn't it feel comfortable to me so i swung them around to kick forward and liked that better. Turns out that kicked forward gave me a great place to mount a tool bag. Either way I had enough cable. You can pull some extra wire harness from out of the back of the headlight bucket. Just give it a gentle tug. The allen covers are pop outs. A small flat edge jewelers screwdriver carefully wedged under them will remove them. I have a handlebar mounted windshield (Memphis) and new i would have to completely re-do it after putting the risers on so i just took it off and re-installed it afterwards. Be sure to throw a blanket over your tank. Don't want to scratch that paint! :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts